Fry's REWARDS World Mastercard®
Earn Up to 3X Points on Kroger Family of Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point anywhere Mastercard is accepted, 2 points in the Kroger® Family of Companies (excluding fuel centers), and 3 points on the Kroger family of quality brands
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $5 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard At a Glance
The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard offers a smart way to shop almost anywhere in the world while simultaneously earning rewards towards free groceries at Fry’s and associated brands, such as Fry’s Food and Fry’s Marketplace. The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard earns 3x points on own-brand products from Fry’s and other Kroger brands, 2x points on all purchases (minus fuel) at the Kroger family of stores, and 1x points on everything else. Rewards are applicable towards free groceries, as well as discounts On gas purchases – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Fry’s or Kroger brands across the U.S.
- Want a rewards credit card that lets them earn towards free groceries and fuel savings with every purchase.
- Live in the American Southwest – especially Arizona
- Hate paying annual fees.
Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard Review
The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard from U.S. Bank is a versatile card in that it allows users the confidence to make purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide and offers useful rewards for everyday purchases.
The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard is the same as other Kroger branded credit cards from U.S. Bank, earning three points for every eligible dollar spent on own-brand products from the Kroger brands (like Fry’s or Fred Meyer); two points per eligible dollar spent at any Kroger company (although not for fuel purchases); and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases elsewhere.
The ability to earn points towards Fry’s, Fred Meyer, or Smith’s grocery rewards is a great feature of the Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard. The inability to earn double points on fuel purchases, however, is disappointing, though this is somewhat tempered by the ability to redeem points towards fuel savings at Kroger pumps. Redeeming at least 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers allows cardholders to receive an additional $.25 in fuel savings per gallon for an entire year, which can quickly add up to some serious savings.
Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard points are instantly turned into rewards once a user accumulates 1,000 points. Once this threshold is passed, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of points easy and straightforward.
Since Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard is a traditional credit card, it comes with all of the protections and perks you’d expect from a Mastercard, including comprehensive fraud and liability coverage, purchase protection, and travel and rental car insurance coverage.
Should You Apply for the Fry’s REWARDS Card?
Overall, the Fry’s Mastercard is a quality reward credit card for those who are loyal patrons of the Fry’s brand or any of the other Kroger family of companies. Earning rewards that are applicable to free groceries might not sound as glamorous as earning free flights, but these rewards are what most people really want in a credit card.
The additional perk of $.25 off each gallon of fuel purchased at Fuel Centers for an entire year after redeeming 100 fuel points is another perk that goes a long way to saving commuters big money over time. Add that together with no annual fee and the suite of perks commonly found with Mastercard products, and the Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard might not turn heads but can put smiles on the faces of budget-conscious people everywhere.