Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 9th, 2022
Fry's REWARDS World Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 14.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- Earn 5% Cash back on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter
- Earn 2% Cash back Inside of our Stores
- Earn 1% Cash back Outside of our Stores
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Fry’s 1-2-3 REWARDS® World Mastercard® offers a smart way to shop almost anywhere in the world while simultaneously earning rewards towards free groceries at Fry’s and associated brands, such as Fry’s Food and Fry’s Marketplace. The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard earns up to 5% back on purchases, fuel savings, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Fry’s or Kroger brands across the U.S.
- Want a rewards credit card that lets them earn towards free groceries and fuel savings with every purchase.
- Live in the American Southwest – especially Arizona
- Hate paying annual fees.
Fry’s 1-2-3 REWARDS® World Mastercard® Review
The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard from U.S. Bank is a versatile card in that it allows users the confidence to make purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide and offers useful rewards for everyday purchases.
The Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard is the same as other Kroger branded credit cards from U.S. Bank, earning 5% cash back on the on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter. In addition, cardholders earn 2% back in-store at any of Kroger’s Family of Brands and 1% back everywhere else.
The ability to earn rewards towards Fry’s, Fred Meyer, or Smith’s grocery rewards is a great feature of the Fry’s 1-2-3 REWARDS® World Mastercard®. The inability to earn additional cash back on fuel purchases, however, is disappointing, though this is somewhat tempered by the ability to redeem cash back rewards towards fuel savings at Kroger pumps. Redeeming at least 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers allows cardholders to receive an additional $.25 in fuel savings per gallon for an entire year, which can quickly add up to some serious savings.
Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard cash back is equivalent to points, which are instantly turned into rewards once a user accumulates 1,000 points. Once this threshold is passed, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of points easy and straightforward.
Since Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard is a traditional credit card, it comes with all of the protections and perks you’d expect from a Mastercard, including comprehensive fraud and liability coverage, purchase protection, and travel and rental car insurance coverage.
Should You Apply for the Fry’s REWARDS Card?
Overall, the Fry’s Mastercard is a quality reward credit card for those who are loyal patrons of the Fry’s brand or any of the other Kroger family of companies. Earning rewards that are applicable to free groceries might not sound as glamorous as earning free flights, but these rewards are what most people really want in a credit card.
The additional perk of $.25 off each gallon of fuel purchased at Fuel Centers for an entire year after redeeming 100 fuel points is another perk that goes a long way to saving commuters big money over time. Add that together with no annual fee and the suite of perks commonly found with Mastercard products, and the Fry’s REWARDS World Mastercard might not turn heads but can put smiles on the faces of budget-conscious people everywhere.