Fred Meyer Rewards® World Mastercard®
2X Points at Fred Meyer + Fuel Savings
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 1 point per eligible net $1 spent anywhere Mastercard is accepted, and 2 points per eligible net $1 spent on purchases made inside Fred Meyer stores
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Earn 500 Rewards Points and get a $5 Rewards Rebate to spend at Fred Meyer
- Save up to $1.25 a gallon at Fred Meyer Fuel Centers for one year when you redeem up to 1,000 Fuel Points and you scan and pay with your new Fred Meyer Rewards® World Mastercard®
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 9 months on transfers made within 30 days from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Fred Meyer Rewards World Mastercard from U.S. Bank provides real savings on which fans of the Fred Meyer brand can rely. The card earns two points on every purchase (minus gas) at Fed Meyer or Kroger and a single point on everything else. 500 points equals $5 in free groceries, while 1,000 points equal up to $1.25 in savings one each gallon of gas pumped for a year. The card also offers 0% introductory APR and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to shop with Fred Meyer
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee to earn grocery rewards
- Want the option of enjoying excellent gas savings as a rewards redemption option
Fred Meyer Rewards World MasterCard Review
The Fred Meyers Rewards Mastercard is a no annual fee retail credit card co-branded between Kroger grocery brand Fred Meyer and major credit card issuer U.S. Bank. The card earns rewards for every purchase made, with cardholders earning double points (two points for every dollar spent) on purchases made at Fred Meyer stores and single points (*one point per dollar spent) on every other purchase made with the card.
While two points for every dollar spent at Fred Meyer might sound enticing, your excitement should be tempered by the reality that this point-earning potential excludes fuel purchases. Fortunately, while rewards cannot be earned from purchasing gas, they are applicable towards redeeming for gas, including a very enticing – and long-lasting offer. Cardholders can save up to a whopping $1.25 off each gallon of fuel they purchase at participating Fred Meyer or Kroger Fuel Centers for an entire year. This offer requires redeeming 1,000 fuel points at participating Kroger or Fred Meyer Fuel Centers.
The U.S. Bank Fred Meyer Mastercard also comes with a robust introductory APR offer: new accounts receive 0% intro APR for the first nine months on both purchases and balance transfers, meaning they don’t have to worry about paying interest on their account should they plan to carry a balance – though, once the introductory offer ends, they’ll face a typical APR which is competitive with other similar cards.
Redeeming points with Fred Meyer Rewards, as with other Kroger cobranded cards, is both easy and straightforward. Beyond the previously mentioned gas rewards, 500 points equal $5 of free groceries with Fred Meyer and Kroger. Once a user reaches 500 points, Fred Meyer will automatically send a Rewards Rebate in the mail – it’s that simple.
Since the Fred Meyer Rewards Card isn’t just a store card, but also a Mastercard, cardholders can expect equally great perks when using their card outside of Fred Meyer as well. Cardholders receive Mastercard’s comprehensive fraud protection and zero fraud liability coverage, as well as MasterRental® insurance and Mastercard’s proprietary travel services to help them plan their next getaway.
Should You Apply for the Fred Meyer Rewards World Mastercard?
The Fred Meyer Rewards Mastercard might not be the most exciting rewards credit card on the market, but it is a reliable option that every Fred Meyer fan should carefully consider. The ability to earn double points on Fred Meyer purchases, as well as with any other Kroger brand, means cardholders can quickly earn up enough rewards to receive vouchers for free groceries.
The value of the card is further enhanced by the option to redeem 1,000 points towards year-long gas savings at Kroger Fuel Centers, with the 1,000 points enough to enjoy up to $1.25 off each gallon of gas they pump during the ensuing year – a potential significant saving. Other perks of the Fred Meyers Rewards Card include 0% intro APR for nine months on both balance transfers and purchases, no annual fee, and a suite of Mastercard protection and fraud services.