Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 30th, 2021
- All credit types welcome to apply!
- Initial Credit Limit of $400.00!* (subject to available credit)
- $400 credit limit doubles to $800! (Simply make your first 6 monthly minimum payments on time)
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from Experian* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Fast and easy application process; results in seconds
- Use your card at locations everywhere that Mastercard® is accepted
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability Protection (subject to Mastercard guidelines)
- Free online account access 24/7
- Checking Account Required
- Regular Purchase APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Annual Fee: See Terms*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*
At a Glance
The FIT Mastercard® is an unsecured credit card that offers the chance of a credit line increase in just six months. The card starts with a $400 unsecured credit line – but offers the chance at a double your credit limit increase in as few as six months.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have no credit (or bad credit) and want to build up a positive credit history
- Don’t have the funds for a security deposit on a secured card
- Want to double their credit line with six minimum payments on-time
- Want monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
FIT Mastercard® Review
The FIT Mastercard is a quality credit card for people with fair credit, bad credit, or no credit history.
No Credit? No Problem
The FIT credit card is ideal for people with no credit or a damaged credit. Continental Finance (the credit card issuer) understands building credit can be challenging – that’s why they make their FIT Card available to such a comprehensive credit profile.
The Fit Card offers a fast and easy application process – results are available in seconds. Subject to available credit, successful applicants receive an initial credit limit of $400.00 – with no security deposit required. Making on-time payments can unlock credit limit increases after just six months.
That credit limit increase is 2X the starting limit – a $400 credit limit that doubles to $800, just by making the first six monthly payments on time. According to Continental, “you could experience the reward of more spending power, a lower credit utilization ratio, and the potential to raise your score.”
The FIT Mastercard reports to all three major credit bureaus every month – TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. Paying your bill on-time won’t just get you a shot of a credit line increase; it can also help you build your credit quickly.
Cardholders also receive free access to their FICO score every month. Monitoring your credit report is one of the best ways to help raise your score. By checking your free score each month, you can see what steps you must take to boost your credit – including how to reduce spending to lower your credit utilization.
Higher-Than-Average APR and Fees
Since good credit is not required to be approved for the FIT Mastercard, it does feature higher interest rates than some other credit cards on the market – mainly secured credit cards. Additionally, some fees associated with this card may not be present with other similar credit cards.
Besides the annual fee, cardholders can expect a monthly maintenance fee. Fortunately, Continental waives this fee the first year, saving cardholders money while building their credit by paying their statements on time.
Continental Credit Protection
FIT Mastercard cardholders also have access to the optional Continental Credit Protection program for an additional surcharge. Cardholders can access this feature by paying $0.99 for every $100 of outstanding balance they have on their FIT account. That fee is automatically billed each month.
This benefit serves as a debt cancellation program if the cardholder loses their job or becomes disabled. The program covers up to 12 consecutive minimum monthly payments for those that meet the qualifications. This program also pays off any balance in full, should the cardholder pass away.
Other Card Features
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from Experian when you sign up for e-statements
- Use your card at locations everywhere that Mastercard® is accepted
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability Protection
FAQs About the FIT Mastercard
- Yes. FIT will not prohibit based on credit score, but the better the credit, the better the odds of approval. That said, if you’re 18 or older, and prove that you’re able to make monthly bill payments, you should potentially consider the FIT Card.
- Yes, applying for the Fit Mastercard Credit Card will do a hard pull on your credit report.
- The starting credit limit for the Fit Mastercard is $400.
Most successful applicants with the FIT Mastercard have a credit score of 350+.
The FIT Mastercard is available in all U.S. states as well as the District of Columbia.
FIT Mastercard Ratings
How does the FIT Mastercard stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the Fit Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the FIT Mastercard®?
The FIT Mastercard is an unsecured credit card that is perfect for those who have no credit or bad credit and cannot get approved for other credit cards.
Because Continental Finance is open to applicants from a wide array of credit profiles, the card features higher-than-average fees and interest rates. Still, making your payments on-time and in-full can significantly reduce many of these charges – and build your credit at the same time. Continental also waives maintenance fees for the first year, saving you even more money.
Overall, the FIT Mastercard is a reliable credit card option to consider – but it comes with the caveat that there will be fees – and a lower credit limit that may come with a secured card (depending on your minimum-security deposit).