Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% to 22.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49% to 22.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
- 0% Intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Redeem points for cash, travel, and more
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 22.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% to 22.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® provides unlimited 1.5% cash back, a $30 cash back welcome bonus, and two lengthy 0% APR periods – all for no annual fee. The card from First Bank is available to customers in Missouri, California, Illinois, and Kansas.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a simple cash back rewards credit card
- Have a balance they want to pay down over the course of a year
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® Review
The First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® is a no annual fee cash back rewards card from First Bank. The bank currently serves customers in California, Illinois, and Missouri, with additional mortgage offices in Kansas.
Earn Unlimited 1.5% Cash back
The main selling point of the First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® is the unlimited 1.5% cash back it earns. There are no categories to keep track of, no limits to the total number of cash back earnable, nothing.
The 1.5% back on all First Bank credit card purchases aren’t spectacular – nor are they an industry leader. Several banks currently provide cards that offer 2% back on all purchases, including Citi (the Double Cash) and TD Bank (the Double Up Card). That doesn’t mean that the Maximum Rewards Csdrd doesn’t provide everyday value.
The Maximum Rewards Mastercard from First Bank provides cash back rewards on par with the Capital One Quicksilver and Discover It Miles. Both those cards are exceedingly popular offerings from major lenders, showing that a 1.5% back card market is not drying up anytime soon.
New card accounts also enjoy a very easy-to-reach welcome bonus from First Bank. New Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® accounts can earn a $30 cash reward after making just $600 in purchases with the card within the first three billing cycles after the account is opened.
That cash back bonus (worth 3,000 points as that is the rewards currency of the First Bank rewards program) is achieved with only $200 in spending each month (on average) after opening the account – a very simple proposition.
How to Redeem Rewards with First Bank
As mentioned, cash back rewards with the Maximum Rewards Mastercard from First Bank are points. Points have a value of one cent per point, giving cardholders the 1.5% cash back valuation.
Points with the card apply towards various awards in the First Bankcard Rewards Program (the card is issued through First National Bank of Omaha, or FNBO). Available redemption options include statement credits, gift cards with dozens of leading brands, travel, or merchandise.
Points are redeemable in denominations of $25, $50, $100, $250, and $1,000. Points expire on the fifth anniversary after they are awarded, with points redeemed on a first-out basis to ensure cardholders don’t lose out on their oldest rewards.
Introductory APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers
The Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® credit card also provides a quality 0% introductory APR period. New accounts receive 12 months of no interest on purchases and balance transfers, followed by a variable APR beginning as low as 16% (subject to creditworthiness and the Prime Rate).
Other Card Features
Beyond cash back, 0% APR, and no annual fees, the Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® from First Bank also features a variety of account tools and protections, courtesy of both First Bank and Mastercard World Mastercard status. These features include:
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability against unauthorized purchases
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection
- World VIP Concierge access
- Access to the Mastercard Luxury Hotel Collection
- Up to $600 in cell phone protection if your phone is lost, stolen, or broken. Cardholders must pay their phone bill with an eligible card. Terms and conditions apply.
- Online and mobile account access, including:
- Transfer balances
- Make payments
- Request credit limit increases
- View statements
- Complimentary FICO® Score access
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Should You Apply for the First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® Credit Card?
Overall, the First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® provides decent rewards for no annual fee. The cash back potential might not shine as brightly as the rewards on offer with cards from Chase or Citi, but when you bank locally, you enjoy a greater level of customer support and satisfaction – it’s here where First Bank shines.
That’s not to say the First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard® is a pushover, however – not by any means. The card provides plenty of oomph – especially with its simple sign-up bonus, quality interest-free period on transfers and purchases, and more.