Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard®
Redeem Rewards for Free Groceries and Fuel Savings
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- Earn 5% Cash back on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter
- Earn 2% Cash back Inside of our Stores
- Earn 1% Cash back Outside of our Stores
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard offers a smart way to shop almost anywhere in the world while simultaneously earning rewards towards free groceries at Dillons Food Stores and associated brands, such as Baker’s and Food 4 Less. The card earns up to 5% cash back on purchases and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Dillons, Baker’s, Food 4 Less, or any other company in the Kroger family of brands.
- Want a rewards credit card that lets them earn towards free groceries and fuel savings with every purchase.
- Live in the Midwestern United States
- Hate paying annual fees
Dillons 1-2-3 REWARDS® World Mastercard® Review:
The Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard from U.S. Bank is a versatile card in that it allows users the confidence to make purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide and offers useful rewards for everyday purchases.
The Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard is the same as other Korger and U.S. Bank credit cards in that it earns 5% cash back on the on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter. In addition, cardholders earn 2% back in-store at any of Kroger’s Family of Brands and 1% back everywhere else.
The ability to earn cash back rewards towards Dillons’ grocery rewards is a great feature. The inability to earn rewards on purchases at Kroger Fuel Centers, however, is a big disappointment. This letdown is somewhat lessened by the option to redeem points towards fuel savings at Kroger pumps. Redeeming at least 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers (including Dillons) allows cardholders to receive an additional $.25 in fuel savings per gallon for an entire year.
Cash back in the REWARDS Program are instantly turned into points as soon as you reach a minimum threshold. Once a user accumulates 1,000 points, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of points a no-brainer, as rewards are instantly made available without trying.
Since the Dillons Card is a credit card, it keeps holders covered with comprehensive fraud protection, and no liability for purchases made with the card should it be lost or stolen. Also, MasterRental® insurance and Mastercard’s proprietary travel services to book travel keep members protected for any other eventuality they may encounter.
Should You Apply for the Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard?
Overall, the Dillons 1-2-3 REWARDS® World Mastercard® is a quality retail credit card for those who are loyal patrons of the Dillons Food Stores or any of the other brands that make up the Kroger family of companies. The ability to quickly earn rewards that are applicable towards free groceries might not sound as glamorous as earning free flights or penthouse suites, but for most Americans, these rewards are what they really want in a credit card.
The additional perk of $.25 off of each gallon of fuel purchased at Fuel Centers for an entire year after redeeming 100 fuel points is another perk that goes a long way to saving commuters big money over time. Add that together with no annual fee and the suite of perks commonly found with Mastercard products, and the Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard is a card that might not turn heads but can put smiles on the faces of budget-conscious families nationwide.