Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard®
Redeem Rewards for Free Groceries and Fuel Savings
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point anywhere Mastercard is accepted, 2 points in the Kroger® Family of Companies (excluding fuel centers), and 3 points on the Kroger family of quality brands
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $5 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard offers a smart way to shop almost anywhere in the world while simultaneously earning rewards towards free groceries at Dillons Food Stores and associated brands, such as Baker’s and Food 4 Less. The card earns 3x points on own-brand products from Kroger brands, 2x points on all purchases (minus fuel) at Kroger family stores, and 1x points on everything else – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Dillons, Baker’s, Food 4 Less, or any other company in the Kroger family of brands.
- Want a rewards credit card that lets them earn towards free groceries and fuel savings with every purchase.
- Live in the Midwestern United States
- Hate paying annual fees.
Dillons REWARDS World Mastercard Review:
The Dillons Rewards World Mastercard from U.S. Bank is a versatile card in that it allows users the confidence to make purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide and offers useful rewards for everyday purchases.
The Dillons Rewards Card is the same as other Korger and U.S. Bank credit cards in that it earns three points for every eligible dollar spent with any of the own-brand product from the Kroger family of companies; two points per eligible dollar spent at any Kroger company (although not for fuel purchases); and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases elsewhere.
The ability to earn points towards Dillons’ grocery rewards is a great feature. The inability to earn points on purchases at Kroger Fuel Centers, however, is a big disappointment. This letdown is somewhat lessened by the option to redeem points towards fuel savings at Kroger pumps. Redeeming at least 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers (including Dillons) allows cardholders to receive an additional $.25 in fuel savings per gallon for an entire year.
Points in the REWARDS Program are instantly turned into rewards as soon as you reach a minimum threshold. Once a user accumulates 1,000 points, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of points a no-brainer, as rewards are instantly made available without trying.
Since the Dillons Card is a credit card, it keeps holders covered with comprehensive fraud protection, and no liability for purchases made with the card should it be lost or stolen. Also, MasterRental® insurance and Mastercard’s proprietary travel services to book travel keep members protected for any other eventuality they may encounter..
Should You Apply for the Dillons REWARDS Card?
Overall, the Dillons Mastercard is a quality reward credit card for those who are loyal patrons of the Dillons Food Stores or any of the other brands that make up the Kroger family of companies. The ability to quickly earn rewards that are applicable towards free groceries might not sound as glamorous as earning free flights or penthouse suites, but for most Americans, these rewards are what they really want in a credit card.
The additional perk of $.25 off of each gallon of fuel purchased at Fuel Centers for an entire year after redeeming 100 fuel points is another perk that goes a long way to saving commuters big money over time. Add that together with no annual fee and the suite of perks commonly found with Mastercard products, and the Dillons REWARDS Mastercard is a card that might not turn heads but can put smiles on the faces of budget-conscious families nationwide.