| Last updated on September 23rd, 2023
Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard®
Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard®
- 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard® provides Citizens Banks best cash back rewards and more. Earn 2% back on all purchases and enjoy lounge access, priority security, and more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn an unlimited 2% back on all purchases
- No annual fee with a Citizens Private Client™ account
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Precheck or Global Entry statement credits
- Priority Pass Select
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $195 ($0 for Citizens Private Client™ clients)
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $41
- You want to earn 2% back on all purchases
- You are an existing Citizens Private Client™ client
- You plan to travel and make use of lounge access
- You want TSA Precheck or Global Entry to speed through airport security
Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard Review
The Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard offers unique benefits for Private Client™ customers. The card earns an impressive amount of cash back rewards plus offers lounge access, TSA PrecCheck, and more.
Citizens Private Client™ Checking Required
While the Private Client™ Mastercard is available to any Citizens Bank customer, Private Client™ Checking is needed to apply. If you do not qualify you will be directed to apply for a different credit card product.
What is Citizens Private Client™ Checking? Citizen’s Private Client Checking provides customers with banking, lending, and investing advice from Citizens Bank financial experts. Private Client Checking features no monthly maintenance fee. Still, it does require that customers must maintain $200,000 in combined deposit and investment balances. If you no longer meet the Citizens Private Client™ checking account requirements, the $195 annual fee will be assessed.
Citizens Private Client provides a wealth of benefits, including:
- Get extra time to cover overdrafts with Citizens Peace of Mind™
- No fees on overdraft plans
- No overdraft charged on a first occurrence each year with Citizens Fee Relief™
Earn Unlimited Cash Back Rewards
The Citizens Private Client™ Mastercard provides cardmembers with a simple, valuable cash back rewards program. Cardholders earn 2% cash back rewards on every dollar spent on eligible purchases with the card. There is no cap on the number of rewards you can earn and rewards don’t expire as long as your account is open and active – both great features.
How much value back would you earn with unlimited 2% cash back? If you spend $1,500 monthly using the card you’d earn $360 a year. That’s a total of $30 a month. Without rotating categories or earning limits, the card gives you ample flexibility to get as much money in return as you can.
Cardmembers can cash out rewards as either a direct deposit into a Citizens Bank account or as a credit card statement credit. Unfortunately, this card does not offer options like gift card, merchandise, or travel booking.
Premium Travel Perks
While the cash back rewards are solid, the travel and airline perks pack a punch with this credit card. For starters, you’ll enjoy a TSA PrecCheck or Global Entry fee statement credit when you apply for either security fast pass service and use your Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard® to pay the application fee.
That security fast track is especially useful, thanks to complimentary lounge access. Priority Pass Select provides cardmembers with complimentary access to over 1,300 global airport lounges – so you’ll have plenty of time to relax before your flight takes off.
Finally, cardholders also enjoy Worldwide Automatic Travel Accident & Baggage Delay Insurance coverage up to $500,000 thanks to World Elite Mastercard® benefits and protections. World Elite Mastercard is the pinnacle of the Mastercard product lineup, offering a huge array of protections and perks, including:
|Zero Liability Protection
|Cell Phone Protection
|Mastercard Global Services
|ID Theft Protection
|Mastercard Travel Services
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee
|Hello Fresh Savings
How does the Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard® stack up with other private client and cash back rewards credit cards?
Citizens Private Client™ Mastercard
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Citizens Cash Back Plus® Mastercard
|$195 ($0 for Private Client™ customers)
|Unlimited 2% cash back on all eligible purchases
|2% value for airfare redemptions with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. 1% value for cash back redemptions. Earn one point for every one dollar spent
|Earn unlimited 1.8% cash back on every purchase
|TSA Precheck/ Global Entry, Priority Pass Select membership, no foreign transaction fees
|Luxury Card Concierge®, Luxury Card Travel® benefits—average value of $500 per stay, LUXURY MAGAZINE®, no foreign transaction fees
|Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 month, no foreign transaction fees
|World Elite Mastercard
|World Elite Mastercard
Designed with the Visually Impaired In Mind
One of the more unique features of the Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard® is the introduction of accessibility technology. The card is the first product in the US to include Mastercard’s Touch Card™ feature.
Mastercard’s Touch Card improves accessibility for customers who are blind and partially sighted with innovative, tactile notches — rounded for debit, squared for credit (visible in the card image above), and triangular for prepaid — so anyone can identify their cards with just a touch. Mastercard’s Touch Card has been vetted and endorsed by various industry organizations worldwide.
Other Card Features
Beyond World Elite Mastercard perks, the Citizens Private Client™ Mastercard provides an assortment of Citizens Bank features. These features include:
- 24/7 online account management to make payments, set up account alerts, and more.
- Tap and Go, thanks to EMV chip and contactless payments, for fast, easy, secure checkout wherever you see the contactless symbol.
- Use Digital Wallets, including Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, and Google Pay™ to pay in-store or online.
- Experience exclusive Citizens Liveperks like presale tickets and skip-the-line privileges at iconic music venues.
- No foreign transaction fee
Citizens Bank Ratings
How is Citizens Bank as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the bank:
Should You Apply for the Citizens Private Client™ World Elite Mastercard?
The Citizens Private Client World Elite Mastercard is an enticing credit card for a very small subset of consumers. But for that group – Citizens Private Client clients of Citizens Bank – it is a powerful purchasing tool with some essential luxury travel perks. Chief among the benefits of the card is the unlimited 2% back on all purchases, with a simple redemption process. Even better, those rewards are universal, thanks to no foreign transaction fees. Still, its the addition of Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credits every 4 years, plus lounge access worldwide with Priority Pass Select that is going to turn heads. Overall, if you have a Citizens Private Client account, this card may be for you – especially as that account waives the annual fee. If not, don’t worry – there are better options out there.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.