Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 4th, 2022
Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard®
Earn 1.8% Cash Back on Every Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn unlimited 1.8% cash back on every purchase
- No rotating categories on enrollments required to earn cash back
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months from account opening date
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® offers a generous cash back rate and no interest on balance transfers for over a year. Credit cardholders get the opportunity to earn cash back rewards on all purchases with no limiting categories, allowing cardholders the freedom to shop anywhere and still earn rewards. So, whether you’re fueling it up at the gas pump or traveling and dining out, the cash back possibilities are endless.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Desire a cash back credit card that earns more than the baseline 1% back on purchases
- Prefer a simple cash back model without rotating categories
- Are looking for a credit card without annual fees or foreign transaction fees
- Would like to transfer and consolidate existing balances to save on interest charges while you pay them off
Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® Review
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® gives cardholders plenty of benefits to explore, ranging from its 0% introductory balance transfer APR to its security and convenience features. The benefit collective includes no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, an allure for anyone with plans to travel.
1.8% Cash Back on All Purchases
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® stands out among the competition by letting you earn 1.8% cash back on every purchase. While it’s not quite 2%, it’s more than 1.5% – a common figure among other mid-tier cash back cards – therefore, you’re getting more value back out of every cent you spend.
How much value back would you be earning with 1.8% cash back? We did the math. If you were to spend $1,500 a month using the Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard®, you will earn $324 a year. That’s a total of $27 a month. Without rotating categories or earning limits, the card gives you ample flexibility to get as much money in return as you can.
Redeeming rewards is not quite as unrestricted, however. You can cash out your earnings as either a direct deposit into a Citizens Bank account or as a credit card statement credit. Unfortunately, options like gift card, merchandise, or travel booking are not available with this card.
5% Cash Back Limited Time Offer
If the 1.8% cash back on all purchases wasn’t enough, the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® sweetens the deal with a juicy 5% cash back limited time offer. New applicants earn 5% Cash Back on gas and travel with a cap of up to $1,500 spent per quarter.
0% Intro APR
Use the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® to transfer and consolidate existing balances with its introductory 0% APR on balance transfers. Commonly seen is a six to 12-month period on balance transfers introductory offers. However, the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® stretches its introductory offer to 15 months instead. You will get to save on interest charges for 15 months from the date you open your account.
Furthermore, the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® offers additional savings such as no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and zero penalty APR for late payments.
Cardholders also receive benefits that come with many other types of World Mastercard credit cards. Like the World Mastercard Cell Phone Protection feature. When you use the card to pay your monthly cell phone bill, you’ll receive $1,000 in coverage for an eligible lost or stolen phone. An added extra security for expensive cellular devices you probably already have.
As mentioned previously the card features no foreign transaction fees, making it a great option for anyone planning to use their card for travel. However, there are several other travel features included with World Mastercard credit cards. For instance, the MasterRental Insurance for car rentals and Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance. Emergencies happen and cancelling a non-refundable major airline ticket usually means you’re out on cash. But with the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® Trip Cancelation insurance, you will be sure to have peace of mind on major airline ticket purchases.
Should You Apply for the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard®?
If you’re looking for a rewards card that not only get you cash back but also provides decent travel perks, the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® could be the one for you. While there are plenty of other attractive rewards cards convenient for travel, those may sometimes have annual fees, such as the Commerce Bank World Elite Mastercard®. Also, an excellent credit card if you don’t mind paying the $95 annual fee.
This credit card is a great fit for anyone with the recommended good credit or better. An excellent card offering more than the average, with 1.8% cash back on every purchase and World Mastercard additional perks to aid any travel adventure.