Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard®
Earn 1.8% Cash Back on Every Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn unlimited 1.8% cash back on every purchase
- No rotating categories on enrollments required to earn cash back
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months from account opening date
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for first 15 months from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® offers a generous cash back rate and no interest on balance transfers for over a year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Desire a cash back credit card that earns more than the baseline 1% back on purchases
- Prefer a cash back without rotating categories
- Are looking for a credit card without annual fees or foreign transaction fees
- Would like to transfer and consolidate existing balances to save on interest charges while you pay them off
Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® Review
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® stands out among the competition by letting you earn 1.8% cash back on every purchase. While it’s not quite 2%, it’s more than 1.5% – a common figure among other mid-tier cash back cards – therefore you’re getting more value back out of every cent you spend. Without rotating categories or earning limits, the card gives you ample flexibility to get as much money in return as you can.
Redeeming rewards is not quite as unrestricted, however. You can cash out your earnings as either a direct deposit into a Citizens Bank account or as a credit card statement credit. Unfortunately, options like gift card, merchandise, or travel booking are not available with this card.
What is available is a generous introductory 0% APR period on balance transfers. If you’ve been planning to consolidate other outstanding debt and save on interest charges, the Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® offers no interest for 15 months from the date you open your account.
Another appealing characteristic about this card is the fact that there is no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and no penalty APR if you’re late on a payment (you will still be charged a late payment fee if you miss your due date, however).