Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Citizens Bank Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®
Unlimited Rewards on Business Expenses
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24%, 16.24%, 19.24% or 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- 2 reward points per $1 spent
- 3.5% introductory point bonus in the first 90 days
- 0% introductory APR
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24%, 16.24%, 19.24% or 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 23.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or up to 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1.50 or up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $20
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Citizens Bank Everyday Points® Business Mastercard® offers cardholders two points for every dollar they spend with their card. There is no limit to the points a cardholder can earn, and cardholders are also eligible to receive a 3.5% points bonus in the first 90 days from the date of opening an account. What’s more, this card has no annual fee. Continue reading to learn more about this credit card’s benefits.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want to earn rewards points for their purchases
- Would like to earn bonus points in the first 90 days
- Like a 0% introductory APR for 6 months
Citizens Bank Everyday Points® Business Mastercard® Review
This business Mastercard from Citizens Bank is a good option for business owners who want to earn rewards points on their purchases. Cardholders can also earn a 3.5% bonus on their points in the first 90 days of opening an account. No annual fee and an introductory 0% APR make this card particularly attractive.
No Annual Fee
Many rewards cards charge cardholders an annual fee for access to their perks. That’s not the case with the Everyday Points card, however. There is no annual fee to use this card.
This can be particularly appealing to small business owners who are conscious about saving money on business expenses. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about how many points you need to earn to make the annual fee worth paying.
You simply sign up for this card and start using it to rack up points on almost all your purchases.
Earn Points on All Your Purchases
One of the features that sets this card apart from many of its competitors is that cardholders are not restricted to earning points on certain categories of purchases. Many business cards limit what you can purchase to office supplies or other similar items in order to earn points. Everyday Points cardholders earn two points for every dollar they spend, regardless of what category a purchase falls under.
New applicants must choose between two different rewards earning formats once they get approved: Cardholder Earn or Business Earn. The Cardholder Earn option enables an individual cardholder to redeem points he or she has earned on individual purchases.
On the other hand, the Business Earn option allows the primary account holder (usually the business owner) to redeem points that all cardholders under the account have earned. This second option is great for businesses with multiple employees who regularly make business purchases.
New Cardholder Point Bonus
The Everyday Points Mastercard also provides new cardholders with a 3.5% bonus on points during the first 90 days from the date of opening an account. This bonus requires cardholders to spend $5,000 within the first 3 months after they have been approved for this credit card.
This bonus comes out to 25,000 points on top of the 2 points for every dollar spent. In total, a cardholder can earn up to 35,000 points in the first three months that they have this credit card.
What’s more, certain types of business owners can earn twice as many bonus points in the first 90 days of opening an account. Citizens Bank rewards legal, medical, and accounting businesses with 50,000 points if they spend $5,000 within the first three months of having an account. This is on top of the 10,000 points they would regularly earn on their purchases.
Redeem Your Points for Rewards
Cardholders can redeem their points for a wide array of rewards, including cash back. You can qualify for $25 deposited into your Citizens Bank checking or savings account when you redeem 6,000 points. The value of your points increases as the cash back amount increases. So, a $50 reward is only worth 11,000 points rather than 12,000.
If you qualify for the points bonus detailed in the section above, you can redeem those points for $150 within 90 days of opening an account. And you’ll have some points left over to redeem for other rewards, like gift cards, travel, or merchandise.
The Everyday Points rewards program even features some special offers from time to time, particularly on gift cards. A $25 restaurant gift card may be regularly priced at 6,500 points. However, you may be able to redeem another promotional gift card valued at the same amount for only 5,500.
0% Introductory APR
Another highlight of the Everyday Points card is its introductory interest rate on purchases. For six months from the date of opening a new account, cardholders can take advantage of no interest on all their purchases.
On the first day of the seventh month, any remaining balance will accrue the interest rate you were approved for. This feature can be especially attractive to new business owners who need to make a lot of purchases early on. It allows them to pay off their purchases with no interest while also racking up rewards points.
Should You Apply for the Everyday Points® Card from Citizens Bank?
This is an excellent card to have in your wallet if you are a business owner. However, do keep in mind that you must be a member of Citizens bank in order to apply for this credit card. This is standard for most bank-issued credit cards.
This credit card gives business owners the freedom to earn double points on all their purchases rather than being tied to a specific purchase category. The introductory 0% APR and points bonus is particularly appealing to new business owners who need to make large purchases in the short term. If you own a legal, accounting, or medical business, the additional bonus points can make this card very appealing.