| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
- 18.99%, 22.99%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99%, 22.99%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
A lengthy promotional APR period for balance transfers makes the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® an ideal choice if you’re looking to save money on interest payments.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months from account opening date
- No annual fee
- Travel accident and baggage delay insurance included
- Digital wallet compatibility for in-store and in-app touchless purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99%, 22.99%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months from date of account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99%, 22.99%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or up to 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1.50 or 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You plan to carry a balance on purchases
- You want to transfer other existing balances at higher APRs so you can save money on interest charges
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You're not interested in earning rewards on purchases or receiving additional perks with your card
- You're looking for a basic, middle-of-the-road credit card
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® Review
The Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® is designed to be used as a basic everyday credit card. Its APR on purchases and balance transfers falls in the middle of the spectrum, and it carries no annual fee. If you have no interest in earning rewards or getting additional perks, this utilitarian card can easily make your shortlist when considering a new addition to your wallet.
The card does hold particular appeal in regard to balance transfers, however. When you open an account for a Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®, you’ll be eligible for 18 months at 0% interest, which is a great opportunity to relocate other card balances you may have so you can part with less money each month as you pay them off. Most other balance transfer-friendly credit cards offer a promotional rate for 15 months at most, and while this is no Citi Simplicity® Card – which gives its customers an introductory 21 interest-free months on balance transfers completed within 4 months of account opening – it still sits above the competition.
Other features you’ll find in the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® are Apple Pay® compatibility, travel accident and baggage delay insurance, 60-day price protection, and zero liability safeguarding against fraudulent or unauthorized purchases.
Browse Other Citizens Bank Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.