Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 26th, 2022
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99%, 20.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99%, 20.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months from account opening date
- No annual fee
- Travel accident and baggage delay insurance included
- Digital wallet compatibility for in-store and in-app touchless purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99%, 20.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months from date of account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99%, 20.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or up to 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1.50 or 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
A lengthy promotional APR period for balance transfers makes the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® an ideal choice if you’re looking to save money on interest payments.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to carry a balance on purchases
- Want to transfer other existing balances at higher APRs so you can save money on interest charges
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Are not interested in earning rewards on purchases or receiving additional perks with your card
- Are looking for a basic, middle-of-the-road credit card
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® Review
The Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® is designed to be used as a basic everyday credit card. Its APR on purchases and balance transfers falls in the middle of the spectrum, and it carries no annual fee. If you have no interest in earning rewards or getting additional perks, this utilitarian card can easily make your shortlist when considering a new addition to your wallet.
The card does hold particular appeal in regard to balance transfers, however. When you open an account for a Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®, you’ll be eligible for 18 months at 0% interest, which is a great opportunity to relocate other card balances you may have so you can part with less money each month as you pay them off. Most other balance transfer-friendly credit cards offer a promotional rate for 15 months at most, and while this is no Citi Simplicity® Card – which gives its customers an introductory 21 interest-free months on balance transfers completed within 4 months of account opening – it still sits above the competition.
Other features you’ll find in the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® are Apple Pay® compatibility, travel accident and baggage delay insurance, 60-day price protection, and zero liability safeguarding against fraudulent or unauthorized purchases.
The information related to Citi Simplicity Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.