Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 17.99%, or 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99%, 17.99%, or 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months from account opening date
- No annual fee
- Travel accident and baggage delay insurance included
- Digital wallet compatibility for in-store and in-app touchless purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 17.99%, or 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 18 months from date of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99%, 17.99%, or 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or up to 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1.50 or 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
A lengthy promotional APR period for balance transfers makes the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® an ideal choice if you’re looking to save money on interest payments.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to carry a balance on purchases
- Want to transfer other existing balances at higher APRs so you can save money on interest charges
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Are not interested in earning rewards on purchases or receiving additional perks with your card
- Are looking for a basic, middle-of-the-road credit card
Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® Review
The Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® is designed to be used as a basic everyday credit card. Its APR on purchases and balance transfers falls in the middle of the spectrum, and it carries no annual fee. If you have no interest in earning rewards or getting additional perks, this utilitarian card can easily make your shortlist when considering a new addition to your wallet.
The card does hold particular appeal in regard to balance transfers, however. When you open an account for a Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®, you’ll be eligible for 18 months at 0% interest, which is a great opportunity to relocate other card balances you may have so you can part with less money each month as you pay them off. Most other balance transfer-friendly credit cards offer a promotional rate for 15 months at most, and while this is no Citi Simplicity® Card – which gives its customers a whopping 21 interest-free months on transfers – it still sits above the competition.
Other features you’ll find in the Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® are Apple Pay® compatibility, travel accident and baggage delay insurance, 60-day price protection, and zero liability safeguarding against fraudulent or unauthorized purchases.