- Earn 25 cents off per gallon for every $100 spent at BP for the first 90 days from account opening
- Earn 15 cents off per gallon for every $100 spent on groceries, dining, and travel purchases
- Earn 5 cents off per gallon for every $100 you spend
- Regular Purchase APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Earn up automatic discounts of up to 30 cents off per gallon when you fill up at participating BP and Amoco gas stations – perfect for those who are always on road. You can also your card elsewhere for up to 3% in cash back rewards on everyday non-gasoline related purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already use the BPme app
- Live near a BP or Amoco gas station
- Have an upcoming road trip
BP Visa® Credit Card Review
Whether you have an upcoming road trip or just a long daily commute, the BP Visa® Credit Card (offered by Synchrony Bank) offers a great short and long-term value for cardholders on more than just savings at the pump. Even if you only find yourself needed to fill up every now and again, you’ll still find value earning up to 3% cash back on everyday purchases.
While there is no signup bonus, there is a compelling introductory offer plus surprising versatility that could very well make your DP Visa the only rewards card you keep in you wallet. In addition to fuel rewards, the BP Visa® Credit Card card carries no annual fee and has you covered with $0 fraud liability protection should your card get stolen or used without your consent.
BP Gas Station Savings
During the first 30 days, new account holders will earn unlimited 25¢ off per gallon when using their card at participating BP and Amoco Stations. That discount is bumped up another 5¢ when cardholders register their card and pay with the convenient BPme app for a total savings of 30¢ per gallon. After the introductory period is over, BP Visa credit cardholders will receive 10¢ off every gallon and BP credit card (store only) members will receive 5¢ off per gallon.
Cardholders should note that using their BP card via Apple Pay will negate any gas savings. In order to receive eligible discounts, the card must be physically present or used through the BPme phone app.
Cash Back Rewards
This gas card outperforms its peers, not only because of its ability offer above-average savings at the pump, but because it also offers cash back on all other purchases. While it only offers a single bonus category, there’s no arguing that it is a useful one: 3% back on groceries and 1% back on all other purchases.
Note: gas purchases that are eligible for per-gallon discounts will not earn cash back rewards.
Cash back rewards are issued as a statement credit, and bypasses point conversion gimmicks. There is no limit on how much can be earned and the statement credit is automatically applied after each billing period, making for a truly effortless reward redemption method.
Should You Apply for the BP Visa Credit Card?
If BP or Amoco gas stations are already your preferred places to fill up, this card is a no brainer. Having no annual fee, it’s essentially free money to put back in your pocket for every purchase (primarily on gas and groceries). The fact that the card has to be linked to the BPme app for bonus discounts is by no means a detriment as the app itself is convenient and user-friendly.
Is this card worth opening if you’d have to go out of your way to get to a participating gas station? Not really, unless you generally drive long distances that increase your likelihood of encountering one.
Aside from that, the BP Visa offers surprising versatility as a cash back card – a great option for those who don’t already have one. And since earnings are automatically applied as statement credit – this is a great rewards card option for those who don’t want to deal with keeping track of points or activating rewards.