Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 12th, 2022
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $49
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Full-Feature Platinum Mastercard* Secured Credit Card
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
- Good for Car Rental, Hotels: Anywhere Credit Cards Are Accepted!
- 24/7 Online Access to Your Account
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 – $2,000 Submitted with Application
- Nationwide program; available in all 50 US states *See Card Terms
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $49
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $30
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card offers a slew of great features not typically found with secured cards. Cardholders enjoy six months of zero interest on purchases with an exceptionally low APR after that. Add to that the features and protections of a full-fledged Mastercard and regular reporting to the major credit bureaus, and you have a versatile tool for building credit.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have poor credit, limited credit, or no credit history at all
- Want a card that reports to the three major credit bureaus regularly
- Want 24/7 online access to their card account
- Have at least $200 for a refundable deposit
- Want both 0% intro APR on purchases and a great low rate after that
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card Review
With many secured credit cards, it’s a case of you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. Not so with the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card, however.
0% Intro APR
The Assent Platinum Mastercard is unique in that it offers 0% intro APR on purchases for six months. A secured card with an introductory offer is a rarity – and six months of no interest on purchases is tantalizing.
Excellent Everyday APR
Equally appealing is the excellent low rate cardholders will enjoy once those six months end. The standard interest rate with the Assent Platinum Mastercard Secured Card is just above double digits, which is significantly lower than the APR with most competitor cards.
According to the BestCards Average Credit Card APR Guide, secured cards have an average interest rate of 18.1%, meaning Assent cardholders will enjoy a rate one-third lower than the national average. Combined with the interest-free six-month introductory period, you have the makings of an exceptional credit card.
The Assent Platinum is Great for Building Credit
Building credit – or establishing credit for the first time – is challenging without the correct tools. Fortunately, the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard provides these features in droves.
The Assent Secured Card reports to the major credit bureaus every month. This regular reporting to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion allows users to quickly raise their credit as long as they make on-time payments.
Payment history accounts for 35% of a FICO Score. Because this one factor accounts for over a third of a person’s FICO Score (the scoring model used by 90% of all lenders), paying on time can help raise a credit score significantly within six months to a year.
Making small purchases is another way to improve a credit score, as this practice keeps credit utilization low. Credit utilization – or the percentage of available credit used – accounts for 30% of a FICO Score. Keeping credit use below 30% is an excellent habit to maintain – and one made easier by the 0% intro APR on purchases for six full months with the Assent Platinum Mastercard.
Refundable Security Deposit
Secured credit cards are ideal for people with no credit, bad credit, or limited credit. That’s because secured cards require a security deposit. This deposit acts as both collateral for the card account and the credit limit.
With the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card, the minimum deposit is $200, and the maximum amount is $2,000. Applicants submit their deposits with their card application. Once they open their account, they can raise their credit limit with an additional deposit. If they close their account, they receive their full deposit back – provided their account is in good standing.
A Full-Feature Mastercard
While a secured card requires an initial deposit, it looks – and acts – exactly like any other credit card. The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card is no exception.
The card is a full-fledged MasterCard product. This means cardholders can use it anywhere the Mastercard logo is accepted. Currently, Mastercard can be used in over 212 countries worldwide – more than American Express, Visa, or Discover. The Assent Platinum can be used for such transactions as car rentals, hotel bookings, or anything else a traditional credit card is good for.
As a Mastercard, the Assent Platinum Mastercard Secured Card also enjoys the same protections as any other MasterCard product. Users can anticipate a full suite of safety protections, including:
- Zero Fraud Liability: Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
- ID Theft Protection: Complimentary credit report monitoring that alerts cardholders to any changes or fraud concerns.
- Mastercard Global Service: Emergency assistance nearly anywhere in the world, 24/7. Services include lost card reporting and replacement, emergency cash disbursement, and more.
Assent Platinum Card FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (and answers) regarding the Assent 0% Intro APR credit card:
- Yes, Assent reports to all three major credit reporting bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) monthly.
- Yes. Secured cards, like the Assent Platinum Secured Mastercard, are ideal for those with bad credit, no credit, or a troubled financial history because they require a security deposit.
- Yes. The Assent Platinum Mastercard is available in all US states.
Assent Platinum Card Ratings
How does the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card?
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card is an exceptional secured credit card for those who want to build credit – but not sacrifice on quality and convenience.
Most secured cards fall into the trap of punishing users with a sky-high APR, making it difficult to carry a balance. The Assent Secured Mastercard, on the other hand, rewards cardholders with a competitive interest rate and 0% intro APR for six months on purchases. Only a few other secured cards offer an intro APR period, but those are half the length of the Assent Card. Plus, they feature a higher standard APR after that.
The annual fee with the Assent is $49 which, while higher than some other cards, is still competitive. The interest-free introductory period and low everyday APR, however, more than compensate for this charge.
Overall, the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card offers robust value and is a secured card that those with bad credit, limited credit, or even no credit should consider.