| Last updated on September 8th, 2023
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
- 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card is a no-nonsense selection of three credit cards that offer great low interest rates, basic rewards, and no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Personalize your card design with Picture Perfect
- Choose the card that's right for you: Select between a low-rate or cash back option
- No annual fee
- Travel emergency assistance included
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 15.74% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 1.5% of the amount of each cash advance
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You prefer a low rate over great rewards
- You want basic cash back and a competitive APR
- You plan to carry a balance
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card Review
The America First Credit Union Visa Classic is a credit card range from America First Credit Union. All of the cards feature no annual fee and Visa Classic protections.
Three Card Types
Like other offers from America First Credit Union, the Visa Classic Card comes in three unique, somewhat distinct varieties:
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Low Rate Card
The America First Low Rate Visa Classic Card offers a solid, low APR every day, though that rate is significantly higher than the America First Low Rate Visa Platinum Card. The typical APR varies depending on credit, but those with excellent credit can anticipate a rate of approximately 10.5% on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. While that rate is 3% higher than the Visa Platinum, it is still over 4% lower than the national average low rate APR. Other card features include no annual fee and credit limits of up to $5,000.
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Cash Back Card
The America First Cash Back Visa Classic Card is a no annual fee rewards card with a flat, unlimited 1% cash back on all eligible purchases. Like the Visa Platinum Cash Back Card, users can select when their cash back rewards are deposited into their associated America First savings or checking account.
The APR with the Classic Cash Back Visa isn’t as low as the Low Rate Card, but it is still highly competitive. The best credit scores can expect a typical APR of around 13.5%, which is significantly lower than the national average.
America First Credit Union Visa Classic Rewards Card
The America First Rewards Visa Classic Card is like the Cash Back, only with points instead of cash back. Since rewards with America First are redeemable for various options (including cash back, merchandise, travel, etc.), there isn’t much difference between the two reward versions.
Visa Classic Benefits
The Visa Classic range of cards features the Visa Classic (also known as Visa Platinum or Visa Traditional) protections and benefits, including:
- Roadside Dispatch: Pay-per-use, 24/7 towing and roadside assistance program.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:Receive collision and theft coverage when using Visa to pay for the entire cost of a car rental.
- Cardholder Inquiry Service: 24/7 access to Visa customer service representatives who can provide detailed information for members in all major languages.
- Lost or Stolen Card Reporting and Emergency Card Replacement: Visa blocks stolen cards and connects users with their bank. Visa will work with the bank to get the users a replacement card or emergency cash disbursement within three business days. Conditions apply.
- Zero Liability: Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
Should You Apply for the America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card?
Overall, the America First Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card range offers a decent mix of great interest rates and essential rewards. While 1% cash back (or 1X points) isn’t exceptional, the interest rates are. Those with excellent credit can anticipate an APR significantly lower than the national average for similar cards, making the lackluster rewards more of an afterthought.
Those who prefer a great rate – and nothing else – will be pleased with the America First Credit Union Visa Classic Low Rate Card. The card offers no introductory 0% APR offers or bonuses, but it is challenging to complain about this low rate. That rate is significantly higher than the visa Platinum Low Rate Card from the same credit union, but still lower than the national average from leading banks.
Browse Other America First Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.