Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 7th, 2022
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Get an Amazon.com gift card upon account approval
- Earn 3% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases
- Earn 2% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores
- Earn 1% back on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Ideal for frequent Amazon.com shoppers, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card offers a generous cash back earning rate in exchange for constant use at the online retailer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have an Amazon.com account but don’t have Amazon Prime or Prime Rewards
- Shop frequently at Amazon.com or Whole Foods Market
- Are looking for a versatile credit card that will earn cash back rewards across a variety of shopping categories
- Use a credit card regularly to make purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card Review
With Amazon’s rise showing no signs of stopping, these days it’s difficult to find a person who doesn’t shop at the retail giant. If you’re one of the majority, considering the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card might be worthwhile.
Soon after account approval you’ll be gifted an Amazon.com Gift Card, automatically loaded into your Amazon.com account.
Earn with Amazon Purchases
Though you can use the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature everywhere Visa cards are accepted, you’ll be doing yourself the biggest favor by setting it as your default payment method at Amazon.com, where every purchase earns you 3% back. You can also earn 3% back at Whole Foods Market locations, as well as at the grocer’s online shopping portal within Amazon.com.
Earn with All Other Purchases
Purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores will also net you a heightened cash back rate at 2%, while all other shopping transactions earn 1% back. Regardless of how you choose to earn your points, all accumulated rewards can be redeemed via Amazon.com’s Shop with Points feature. There’s no minimum amount required for redemption – you can use your points to pay for part of a purchase – and practically any item in the virtual storefront is eligible.
The Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card performs best when used at Amazon.com, but you can also use it with confidence when shopping abroad, as there are no foreign transaction fees. There is also no annual fee, making the card all the more appealing.
Amazon Prime Required to Receive Best Rewards
While the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature® Card has no annual fee for cardholders, the card earns less than the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card. That card earns 5% back at both Amazon and Whole Foods, meaning if you already have a Prime account the basic Amazon Chase Card simply doesn’t make sense.
How Do the Chase Amazon Credit Cards Stack Up?
|Card||Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature||Amazon Rewards Visa Signature|
|Rewards||Earn 5% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases||Earn 3% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases|
|Earn 3% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores||Earn 2% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores|
|Annual fee||No annual fee||No annual fee|
FAQs About the Amazon Rewards Visa
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Chase Amazon Cards, along with the answers:
- The easiest way to check your card’s balance is through the JP Morgan Chase mobile app – available in all major app stores.
- Chase Bank uses Experian for checking credit scores and gauging applications.
- Chase’s 5/24 rule means that you can’t be approved for most Chase cards if you’ve opened five or more personal credit cards (from any card issuer) within the past 24 months.
- Chase credit cards typically require a FICO credit score of 670 or higher for approval.
JP Morgan Chase and Amazon Card Ratings
How does the Amazon Rewards Visastack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
What is the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
The Amazon Rewards Visa Signature makes sense for those who only occasionally use Amazon for purchases, but want to earn additional rewards when shopping at Whole Foods. For those individuals, the card offers exceptional value. For those who do shop at Amazon, however, or make use of Prime for things like TV shows, music, or even Audible, the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card makes much more sense.