VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card
Earn 3x Points On Gas and 2x Points On Groceries
- Earn 3 rewards points for every $1 spent on gas; 2 points for every $1 spent on groceries; 1 point for every $1 spent on other qualified purchases
- No annual fee
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Regular Purchase APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to 25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card is a low APR rewards credit card that also doubles as a great balance transfer card. The card earns 3X points on gas, 2X points on groceries, and 1X points on everything else. It also benefits from a special 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months, no fees on balance transfers or cash advances, no foreign transaction fee, and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with VyStar Credit Union
- Want an everyday credit card to earn rewards on their daily commute and weekly shopping
- Hate the idea of fees, including annual fees
- Want to transfer over existing credit card balances to quickly pay them down
VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card Review
The VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card is a very robust rewards credit card from leading Central Florida credit union, VyStar Credit Union. The card boasts a highly competitive APR, as well as an impressive reward earning rate with purchases in select categories.
Earn Rewards on Critical Everyday Spends
Many credit union cards espouse simplicity over lucrative rewards programs, with the typical earning rate for rewards one point for every dollar spent. VyStar, however, sees things differently.
The VyStar Rewards Visa Signature Card earns additional points in key categories, making in a very potent credit card for those who want to earn points on the sorts of things people need to buy every day. The card earns 3X points on purchases at gas stations and 2X points on grocery store buys; every dollar spent on other eligible purchases earns a single point.
Rewards points earned through the card are applicable to the UChoose Rewards Program, which is one of the many popular programs with which credit unions around the country choose to partner. UChoose Rewards offers a variety of redemption options, including:
- Cash Back: Cash back is redeemable in the form of VyStar statement credits
- Gift Cards: There are a wide variety of gift card options to choose from, including major names in the restaurant, travel, and retail sectors.
- Merchandise: The UChoose’s portal has a wide selection of merchandise to select from, including computers, televisions, video games, and more.
- Travel: Use your points to book trips by purchasing airline tickets, cruises, rental cars, hotels, and more.
Enjoy a Highly Competitive APR
One of the reasons why the typical single-point-for-a single-dollar ethos works so well for most credit union rewards cards is that they try to walk the fine line between rewards and great interest rates. The VyStar Rewards Card, however, takes this to another level by cranking up the points while keeping a great, low APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
The card features a low, fixed APR of around 11%, which is almost a third less than the national average APR of about 17.4%. Fixed rates are preferable to variable rates as they aren’t as prone to fluctuations as the latter, especially given the recent volatility with the Prime Rate.
The fact that this fixed interest rate applies to balance transfers and cash advances is an excellent perk of credit unions in general, but VyStyar takes it a step further by offering a special 0% introductory APR for balance transfers for the first 12 months. This makes the card not only a great rewards card but also a reliable balance transfer card.
The balance transfer pretentions of the card are further enhanced by the fact that the fixed interest rate it features is approximately four-percentage points lower than the average rate charged nationally for similar balance transfer products: 15.25%.
No Fees for Almost Everything
If the praise for the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card hasn’t been heaped high enough yet, let’s add the complete lack of fees to the top of the pile.
Though many credit unions don’t charge fees for balance transfers or cash advances, VyStar takes it a step further by removing the fees for foreign transactions. This makes the card just as useful on the everyday commute as it is on vacations overseas – especially given the global purchasing power of the Visa brand.
Visa Signature Perks and Protections
The VyStar Rewards Card is a Visa Signature product, with Visa Signature second to only Infinite in the Visa hierarchy of card products. Beyond typical Visa security features, such as Zero Liability, fraud protection, and 24/7 customer service, Signature cardholders can expect enhanced services, such as pay-per-use Roadside Dispatch, Auto Rental Collison Damage Waiver, up to $250,000 in travel accident insurance for any accidents or injuries that may occur on travel booked with their card, and Visa Lost Luggage Reimbursement.
Visa Signature Cardholders also have access to Visa’s Luxury Hotel Collection, which offers exclusive deals and bookings at some of the world’s most prestigious hotel brands, including Park Hyatt, Shangri-La, and more.
Who Can Join VyStar Credit Union?
VyStar is the largest credit union in Central and Northwest Florida. Currently, membership is only open to those who live and work in the following counties which the credit union serves:
- Alachua County
- Baker County
- Bay County/li>
- Bradford County
- Brevard County
- Calhoun County
- Camden County
- Charlton County
- Citrus County
- Clay County
- Columbia County
- Dixie County
- Duval County
- Escambia County
- Flagler County
- Franklin County
- Gadsden County
- Gilchrist County
- Glynn County
- Gulf County
- Hamilton County
- Hernando County
- Hillsborough County
- Holmes County
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- Lafayette County
- Lake County
- Leon County
- Levy County
- Liberty County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Nassau County
- Okaloosa County
- Orange County
- Osceola County
- Paco County
- Pinellas County
- Polk County
- Putnam County
- Santa Rosa County
- Seminole County
- St. Johns County
- Sumter County
- Suwanee County
- Taylor County
- Union County
- Volusia County
- Wakulla County
- Walton County
- Ware County
- Washington County
Should You Apply for the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card?
The VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card is an exceptional credit card for anyone who either already banks with VyStar Credit Union or lives in one of the 50+ Florida counties the bank serves.
For no annual fee, cardholders earn triple points on gas and double points on groceries, meaning your weekly errands and daily commutes can quickly add up to impressive rewards, such as cash back, airline tickets, or hotel stays.
And, if travel is your preferred reward, the card is equally at home abroad as it is in Florida, meaning you’ll never have to worry about foreign transaction fees or getting stuck somewhere Visa isn’t accepted.
While the lack of any bonus points as a sign-up bonus is a slight letdown, it is more than made up for with the 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first year and the very impressive fixed APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. This excellent introductory period, combined with no fees for balance transfers, makes the card a robust balance transfer card on par with the Citi Simplicity or SunTrust Prime Rewards Cards, while still offering rewards that easily rival the best no annual fee rewards credit cards from the biggest names in the industry.
Is the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card worthwhile? If you already bank with VyStar or live in one of the counties the bank services, and have an excellent credit score, the answer is a resolute, “yes.”