VyStar Visa Signature Cash Back Card
Earn 3% Back On Gas and 2% Back On Groceries
- Earn 3% cash back on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases
- Redeem for statement credits or in the Cash Back Mall
- No annual fee
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Regular Purchase APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The VyStar Visa Signature Cash Back Card is a solid cash back credit card from VyStar Credit Union in Central and Northern Florida. The card earns 3% back on gas, 2% back on groceries, and 1% back on everything else. The card also boasts 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first year, no annual fee, and no fees for balance transfers, cash advances, or foreign transactions.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already Bank with VyStar Credit Union
- Prefer automatic cash back redemptions over hoarding points
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
VyStar Visa Signature Cash Back Card Review
The VyStar Visa Signature Cash Back Card is a useful – but flawed – cash back rewards credit card from VyStar Credit Union in Florida. The card earns impressive cash back on every purchase but struggles when it comes to redemption options due to an automatic statement credit feature each fall.
How to Earn Cash Back
Like the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card, the Cash Back Card from VyStar earns up to triple on select categories. The card earns 3% back on gas station purchases, 2% back on groceries, and 1% back on every other purchase made with the card.
How to Redeem Cash Back
The VyStar Cash Back Card earns cash back towards CU Rewards Cashback Mall, which is in many ways the same as the CU Rewards portal used for redeeming Cash Back Rewards points. Redemption options include gift cards from leading retailers, merchandise from top brands, travel rewards like airfare, car rentals, and hotels, and more.
Where the Cash Back Card differs from the Rewards Card is that if cash back is not redeemed for merchandise, travel, gift cards, or whatever else through the Cashback Mall by October of each year, the funds are automatically credited back to the card.
The peace of mind that comes with automatic statement credits is a nice perk with the card, but it certainly isn’t something everyone will enjoy. For those who want to save up their rewards for a big redemption, the Rewards Card is a much better bet. For those who don’t anticipate wanting to earn more significant rewards, or maybe just want smaller reward choices, the Cash Back Card is a good option.
An Excellent Everyday Interest Rate
The Cash Back card features a fixed APR of around 11%, which is the same as the Rewards Card and almost 6% lower than the national average APR of about 17.4%. The fact that this low rate also applies to balance transfers is an extra incentive to consider the card, but VyStyar takes it a step further by offering 0% introductory APR for balance transfers for the first year.
Twelve months of 0% APR on balance transfers is further boosted by no fees for balance transfers (or almost anything else), making the VyStar Cash Back Card a balance transfer card that is more impressive than even their variable low rate card, the VyStar Platinum Visa Card.
Visa Signature Perks and Protections
The VyStar Cash Back Card also offers enhanced Visa membership services, such as pay-per-use Roadside Dispatch, Auto Rental Collison Damage Waiver, up to $250,000 in travel accident insurance for any accidents or injuries that may occur on travel booked with their card, and Visa Lost Luggage Reimbursement. Visa Signature Cardholders also have access to Visa’s Luxury Hotel Collection, which offers exclusive deals and bookings at some of the world’s most prestigious hotel brands, including Park Hyatt, Shangri-La, and more.
Who Can Join VyStar Credit Union?
VyStar is the largest credit union in Central and Northwest Florida. Currently, membership is only open to those who live and work in the following counties which the credit union serves:
- Alachua County
- Baker County
- Bay County
- Bradford County
- Brevard County
- Calhoun County
- Camden County
- Charlton County
- Citrus County
- Clay County
- Columbia County
- Dixie County
- Duval County
- Escambia County
- Flagler County
- Franklin County
- Gadsden County
- Gilchrist County
- Glynn County
- Gulf County
- Hamilton County
- Hernando County
- Hillsborough County
- Holmes County
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- Lafayette County
- Lake County
- Leon County
- Levy County
- Liberty County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Nassau County
- Okaloosa County
- Orange County
- Osceola County
- Paco County
- Pinellas County
- Polk County
- Putnam County
- Santa Rosa County
- Seminole County
- St. Johns County
- Sumter County
- Suwanee County
- Taylor County
- Union County
- Volusia County
- Wakulla County
- Walton County
- Ware County
- Washington County
Should You Apply for the VyStar Visa Signature Cash Back Card?
Though the Cash Back Card is essentially the same card as the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card, it differs in its rewards structure. The cash back version of the card allows for several different redemption options, but these are hampered by the terms of the program that stipulates any rewards not redeemed by October each year are automatically converted into statement credits.
The rewards version of the card, however, has no such language, meaning cardholders can sue their rewards points whenever they want – especially given that points in the program never expire. This makes the Rewards Card a much better choice for those who want to get the most out of their points – potentially on lucrative redemptions such as airfare or hotels.
If you are the type of person who prefers to keep your rewards small or like to redeem often, the Cash Back Card may be the right option. This is especially true if you are concerned about forgetting about your rewards, as the automatic statement credits instantly apply towards your account.
If that isn’t you, though, the VyStar Visa Signature Rewards Card is a much better bet.