Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 8th, 2021
SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card
3 Year Intro Offer for Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3-year introductory APR offer at the Prime Rate on all balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening
- Intro balance transfer fee of $0 when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open
- 1% unlimited cash back, no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: Prime Rate for the first 36 months for all balances transferred within 60 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: None for all balances transferred within 60 days of account opening, then $10 or 3% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
Paying down debt isn’t always easy, especially when you’re locked into high interest rates. The SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card provides a convenient solution: for all balance transfers made during the first sixty days of opening your account, you’ll enjoy three full years of introductory APR, meaning that you’ll have quite a bit of time to pay down your debt without paying high variable interest rates.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to pay down an existing balance
- Have an excellent credit score
- Will take advantage of a lengthy 36 months of introductory APR at the Prime Rate
- Want to earn 1% cash back on everyday purchases with no annual fees
- Will spend $500 in the first three months for a statement credit of $100
SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card Review
All too often, we’ll make a large purchase that requires payments over an extended period of time that begins to accumulate interest, making monthly payments skyrocket. The SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card is a unique card offer that makes this process much easier; rather than charging regular APR rates after a relatively short introductory period (most other rewards cards offer an average of 6 months at a special rate), the Prime Rewards card allows you to earn rewards even as you enjoy a lengthy three year introductory offer at the Prime Rate.
What does this mean for your debt? When you transfer a balance to your new SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card, you won’t pay a balance transfer fee if that transfer is made within the first 60 days of account opening.
Additionally, when a balance transfer is made in that same time frame, you’ll receive an extremely generous introductory AP for three full years at the Prime Rate. When a balance transfer is made after 60 days of account opening, the fee is $10 or 3% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater. This is a unique offer that you won’t find from very many credit card issuers.
In addition to this powerful tool for paying down existing debts, the SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card also allows cardholders to earn unlimited cash back – 1% on all qualifying purchases, and you’ll qualify for a bonus statement credit of $100 by spending $500 in the first three months after account opening. With no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees, this card from SunTrust Bank really stands out from similar card offers. It is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to make a large balance transfer that needs to be paid off over a long time.
Should You Apply for the SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card?
The SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card offers an exceptionally low interest rate on balance transfers for the first three years, making it an exceptionally potent credit card for those with excellent credit and a significant balance to pay down.