Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 6th, 2021
USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card
- Regular Purchase APR 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 2X points on dining and gas, 1X points on all other purchases
- Get free collision damage waiver coverage to pay for physical damage and theft to most vehicle rentals
- Extend your manufacturer’s or U.S. store-brand warranties
- Manage your account with tools to help you transfer balances, set travel notifications and report your card lost or stolen
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% Introductory APR through your 02/01/2024 billing cycle
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 11.40% to 27.40% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance. Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card is the ideal rewards credit card for anyone looking to receive rewards points based on their gas and dining purchases. These rewards points can eventually be redeemed for great perks, such as plane tickets, cruises, cash, or gift cards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are in the U.S. military or are related to someone in the U.S. military
- Frequently dine out or spend money on gas
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Never want to pay foreign transaction fees when you use you card abroad
USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card Review
The USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card is an exciting blend of points and low rates – with no annual fee.
The Rewards Visa Signature Card offers decent – but not exceptional – reward points on select purchases. Cardholders earn 2X points on gas and dining purchases and 1X on all other purchases. There’s no cap to the number of points a cardholder can earn – and rewards never expire.
New accounts also earn an easy 2,500 bonus points after making the first purchase with the card. This intro bonus, worth $25, isn’t a game-changer, but it essentially free money. Rewards points with the USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® can be redeemed for cash, air travel, cruises, gift cards, and cash.
A Highly Competitive APR
Like other USAA rewards cards, the USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card offers a highly competitive interest rate on balance transfers and purchases. Those with exceptional credit can anticipate interest rates well below the current national averages for rewards cards. In fact, the APR for the very best credit scores is almost 6% below the average rate for cash back cards.
Visa Signature Benefits
The Rewards Visa Signature Card also offers Visa Signature benefits beyond the basic Visa protections and perks. These benefits include an extra year of warranty coverage for eligible U.S. manufacturer goods with a warranty of one year or more, Visa travel and emergency assistance, Visa’s Concierge service, and access to the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection.
Other card features include no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees, and no penalty APR. These three features are common to all USAA credit card products.
Special Military APR for Active Deployment
USAA offers a unique fixed APR for military members on active duty, deployment, or permanent station change (PCS). USAA credit card customers enjoy an impressive 4% APR on balances owed when they begin active duty. Even better, this 4% APR offer extends until the cardholder pays off their balance, or they celebrate their first anniversary of ending their active duty tour.
The special APR for active-duty personnel also applies to all existing balances for up to 12 months should the account holder experience deployment or a permanent station change.
Should You Apply for the USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card?
Overall, the USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card is a good choice for military members or family members of military members who want to collect rewards points without paying an annual fee.
The low APR with the card is well-below the national average. This great rate more than makes up for the average rewards, which are still nothing to scoff at. The lack of any foreign transaction fees combined with the Visa network’s global-acceptance, means this card is a potent purchasing tool no matter where military life takes you.