USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card
0% APR for 12 Months on Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 2,500 bonus points credited to your account with your first purchase
- Collision damage waiver coverage pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles
- Identity theft resolutions services provides assistance should you become the victim of identity theft
- Extended warranty extends your manufacturers or U.S. store brand warranties for up to one year
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 12 months from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer (maximum fee per transfer $200)
- Cash Advance APR: 10.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for each convenience check: $200). Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
Cardholders who want to show their military pride and support their preferred affiliate group will find value in the USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card. This card offers travel benefits, rewards points, and a 0% intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers and convenience checks that post within the first three months.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are in the U.S. military or are related to someone in the U.S. military
- Want to pay down a balance
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want a quality USAA airline credit card
- Don’t want to pay any foreign transaction fees
USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card Review
The USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card is a unique rewards credit card that allows U.S. service personnel – past and present – to show their military pride with every purchase. Applicants have over 50 military organizations from which to choose. These organizations include the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and veterans’ affairs groups.
0% Intro APR for 12 Months and Low Rates After That
USAA likes to give its members exceptional value for money – and that is the case when it comes to the introductory APR with the Military Affiliate Visa Signature Card.
New accounts enjoy one year of zero interest on balance transfers. While the 0% intro APR isn’t an industry leader, the typical rate for transfers and purchases starts around 11%. That rate is considerably lower than most other credit cards in the market, though the rate only applies to those with the very best credit scores.
Those with average credit scores won’t enjoy a great interest rate. Average credit will get you an APR significantly higher than what you’d expect from a credit card of this type, with rates rising well into the mid-20s.
USAA makes up for these disparate interest rates by offering healthy credit limits. Credit limits will vary significantly depending on the credit score and history of each applicant. Still, most users report that they receive larger limits with the USAA Military Affiliate Cards than other similar products from different issuers.
The USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card is a rewards credit card at heart, and it is here where the card struggles. The card earns just a single point for every dollar spent, which is significantly lower than many other rewards cards. The Military Affiliate American Express Card, also from USAA, earns 2X points on gas and groceries, for instance – as does the USAA Rewards Visa Signature.
The card does offer a decent signup bonus of 2,500 points, but the Amex version of the card also offers this instant bonus (earnable after a first purchase with the card– making it the better bet. Still, the signup bonus has a $25 cash value, which isn’t too shabby.
Points never expire and there is no cap. Points can be redeemed for gift cards, cash, brand-name merchandise, and air travel.
Other Card Features
There are no foreign transaction fees, no penalty APR, and no annual fees for the Military Affiliate Visa Card. Items purchased with the USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card will have their warranties extended for up to one year. Vehicles rented with this card will also receive collision damage waiver coverage to pay for physical damage or theft
Should You Apply for the USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card?
Is the USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature® Card worth your time, or should you consider another card? The main selling point with the card is the excellent intro APR offer and the low APR. The same intro offer, however, also comes with the American Express version of the card. That card also earns more points than the Visa Signature version.
The most significant selling point for the Visa versus the Amex card is Visa’s global purchasing power. Visa is by far the largest payment network globally, meaning the no foreign transaction fee benefit of the card makes it a much more useful international credit card than the American Express Military Affiliate Card. The Amex Card might be a better bet for those who plan to stay within the Amex payment network (North America, Europe, etc.).