USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card
Earn up to 3X USAA Rewards™ Points
- Unlimited Points — 3X points for dining out, 2X points on gas and groceries, and 1X points for every dollar spent on other purchases
- Special 4% SCRA Rate — When you have a balance on your account at the time you enter active military duty, get 4% APR on that existing balance until one year after you complete active duty
- Added Protection — We help give you peace of mind with: Experienced support if your identity is stolen, extended warranties on your purchases, and travel accident and baggage delay insurance
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel outside the U.S.
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 9.9% to 25.9% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance. Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card is designed to reward cardholders who use it for everyday things such as gas, groceries, and dining out. Once enough rewards points are earned they can be redeemed for cruises, airline tickets, gift cards, or cash.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are in the U.S. military or are related to someone in the U.S. military
- Frequently dine out or spend money on gas
- Want no annual fee
- Want no foreign transaction fees
USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card Review
Cardholders who use their USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card can earn 3x points for dining out, 2x points on gas and groceries, and 1x points for all other purchases. They then have their choice of what they want to redeem these point for, whether be flights, cruises, cash, or gift cards. An additional consideration is given to military members, as they can receive 4% APR on balances for up to 12 months if they are on deployment/PCS. If they have a balance on their account when they enter active military duty they’ll receive 4% APR on that balance until a year after they complete active duty. Notable perks of the USAA Rewards American Express® include no foreign transaction fees, no penalty APR, and no annual fee. Cardholders can also get free collision damage waiver coverage in the event of damage or theft to most car rentals.