Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn $375 of value redeemable for airfare, hotel stays, and car rentals when you spend $2,000 in eligible Net Purchases on your card within the first four months of account opening
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per air travel award ticket toward baggage fees, in-flight food and drinks, or a seat upgrade
- Earn 2x points on airlines, gas stations, and grocery stores
- Also earn 2x points on charitable donations and with cellular providers.
- Earn a single point ofr every other dollar spent
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $49
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
Cardholders hoping to turn all their regular spending into travel rewards points will find plenty of value in the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card. The card earns double FlexPoints points on airline ticket purchases, grocery purchases, gas purchases, payments to a cellular provider, and donations to a charitable or social service organization. Every other purchase with the card earns a single FlexPoint per dollar spent. New accounts receive 25,000 bonus points when they use their new card to make just $2,000 in purchases within the first four months. The card also comes with Visa Signature travel perks and comprehensive fraud and purchase protections – all for an annual fee of $49, which is waived for the first year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a well-rounded travel rewards credit card
- Want to earn double points on travel purchases and their daily spend
- Want their annual fee waived for the first 12 months
- Plan to spend at least $500 each month for the first four months with the card
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Review
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card is a travel reward credit card designed to help you get out and explore the world. FlexPerks are U.S. Bank’s rewards currency and are designed to provide you with the flexibility to choose the rewards that work best for you.
The FlexPerks Travel Rewards Card, the personal travel card of the FlexPerks family, earns double points on purchases with select categories, and a single point for every other purchase made with the card. The select categories that earn 2x points per dollar spent are airlines, gas stations, grocery stores, most cellular phone service providers, and charities. Everything else, as stated, earns 1x points for every dollar spent.
U.S. Bank claims the FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature is designed to help you get further with your rewards, and the initial sign-up bonus lends some credence to that statement. New accounts receive a bonus of 25,000 FlexPoints when they use their card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first four months. Many cards require a minimum spend is met within the first 90 days, so having an extra month to meet the spending goal is always a pleasant surprise. This reward has an approximate value of $375, meaning using your new card to book the airfare for you and your family likely will meet the $2,000 bonus requirement, with the $375 being used to help pay for hotels, car rentals, or other related purchases.
Other options for FlexPoint redemptions include merchandise rewards through the U.S. Bank portal, gift cards from leading retailers, statement credits, and even real-time mobile redemptions. The FlexPerks app lets you cash in your FlexPoints in real-time, meaning if you want to spend your points now, you have the freedom (and mobile protection) you need to get your rewards instantly.
Like all Visa Signature credit cards, the FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature comes with a variety of Visa security features and protections, including Auto Rental Collision Waivers, comprehensive fraud protection, Zero Fraud Liability, and access to your TransUnion credit score free of charge each month. Visa Signature cardholders also have access to the Visa luxury hotel collection for exclusive booking rates, plus 24/7 access to Visa’s Concierge Service, providing entertainment and travel advice and assistance.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card?
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card is a rewards travel card that offers quite a bit for it’s modest $49 annual fee (waived for the first year). Double points on airline purchases are great – and what you’d expect from a travel reward credit card – but the ability to also earn double points on everyday purchases like gas stations, grocery stores, and cell phone bills is a great perk that shouldn’t be overlooked. The addition of earning double reward points for charitable donations is another feel-good perk, as it rewards you for helping your community.
Twenty-five thousand bonus FlexPoints (worth around $375) is an easily achievable goal, especially when you consider you have four months to spend $2,000 in purchases – or $500 per month. The versatility of FlexPoints, as well as the option of instantly redeeming them through the U.S. Bank mobile app, is another great feature.
Overall, the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature is an excellent option for those who want a solid travel reward credit card, but don’t want to be married to a particular hotel chain, frequent flyer program, or cobranded credit card. For $49 a year, this card is something of steal – and a rewards card that you should carefully consider adding to your wallet.