U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus FlexPoints
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $85
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- 5X FlexPoints on prepaid hotels and rental cars
- 3X FlexPoints at restaurants, 2X FlexPoints at gas stations, 2X FlexPoints at airlines, and 1X FlexPoints per $1 spent on all other eligible Net Purchases
- Get up to a $25 airline allowance with every award travel ticket good towards baggage fees, in-flight treats and more
- Complimentary Boingo Wi-Fi at over 1 million hotspots worldwide
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $85
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
Cardholders hoping to turn all their regular spending into travel rewards points will find plenty of value in the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card. Cardholders earn up to one FlexPoint per dollar spent on purchases. New accounts also receive 105,000 bonus points when they use their new card to make just $1,000 in purchases within the first four months. The card also comes with American Express travel perks and comprehensive fraud and purchase protections – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a well-rounded travel rewards credit card
- Want to earn points for all their purchases
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Review
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card is a travel reward credit card designed to help you get out and explore the world. FlexPerks are U.S. Bank’s rewards currency and are designed to provide you with the flexibility to choose the rewards that work best for you.
The FlexPerks Select+ Card, entry-level card of the FlexPerks family, earns up to one FlexPoint per dollar spent on purchases. While the point-earning potential of the card isn’t impressive, the introductory bonus offer is easily achievable. New accounts earn 10,000 bonus FlexPoints when they sue their new card to make just $1,000 in purchases in the first four months.
Many cards require a minimum spend within the first 90 days, so having an extra month to meet the spending goal is always a nice perk. This reward has an approximate value of $150, meaning using your new card to make just $250 a month for the first four months can score you an additional $150 – all without breaking a sweat.
FlexPoint redemption options include travel, gift cards, statement credits, and even real-time mobile redemptions. The FlexPerks app lets you cash in your FlexPoints in real-time, providing you the freedom (and mobile protection) you need to get your rewards instantly.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card?
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card is a decent reward credit card for those who want the ability to earn rewards for everyday purchases, but don’t want to pay an annual fee. The addition of 10,000 bonus points – worth an estimated $150 – after meeting a very modest minimum spend within the first four months makes his a solid entry-level rewards card, but not one to go out of your way to get.