Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn $375 of value redeemable for airfare, hotel stays, and car rentals when you spend $2,000 in eligible Net Purchases on your card within the first four months of account opening
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per air travel award ticket toward baggage fees, in-flight food and drinks, or a seat upgrade
- Earn 2x points on airlines, gas stations, and grocery stores
- Also earn 2x points on charitable donations and with cellular providers.
- Earn a single point ofr every other dollar spent
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $49
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card is a business rewards credit card designed with frequent travelers in mind. New cardholders can earn 25,000 Bonus FlexPoints® when they spend $2,000 within the first four months of opening an account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own or operate a company where you or you employees frequent travel for business
- Plan on spending $2,000 on your card in the first 4 months
- Often use your business card for everyday purchases and office supplies
- Want online card monitoring tools and extra employee cards at no added cost
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card Review
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card is a rewards card that allows companies with employees that frequently travel for work to earn rewards when they fly. Members earn double FlexPoints® for every dollar spent at gas stations or office supply stores, as well as with cell phone providers or select charities. For all other purchases, businesses earn one point for every dollar spent. There is no limit on the number of point s business can earn.
New U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Travel Rewards Card cardholders can also earn 25,000 Bonus FlexPoints when they spend $2,000 within the first 4 months of opening an account. 25,000 bonus FlexPoints is an easily achievable goal, especially when you consider businesses have four months to spend $2,000 in purchases – or $500 per month. With additional employee cards, this bonus is likely a certainty. FlexPoints® are redeemable for air travel, car rentals, and more. Other options for FlexPoint redemptions include merchandise rewards through the U.S. Bank portal, gift cards from leading retailers, statement credits, and even real-time mobile redemptions. The FlexPerks app lets you cash in your FlexPoints in real-time, meaning if you want to spend your points now, you have the freedom (and mobile protection) you need to get your rewards instantly.
Frequent travels who use their U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card can also enjoy in-flight savings when they use their card. The $25 allowance on offer with the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard allows for reimbursement for up to $25 worth of baggage fees or in-flight food or drink purchases on round-trip airfare travel when businesses book using their card.
The card features an annual fee of $55, which is waived for the first year. However, there is a unique perk for customers with large expense reports: Making at least $24,000 in net purchases annually will reimburse the $55 annual fee, as well as the $10 fee for any additional employee card. Combined with the automatic waiver during the first year, cardholders have the potential to never pay an annual fee for this card. A typical purchase and balance transfer APR vary based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate, but those with excellent credit can expect an APR well-below the national average.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card?
Overall, the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Card is a solid choice for companies that frequently use their business cards for purchasing everyday supplies as well as travel fares. With the opportunity for a decent bonus miles haul, plus the availability of double miles for everyday purchases (not to mention the lack of a cap on miles that can be earned), the chances for some great rewards is one that many would-be fools to pass up.