Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
- 14.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn a $150 cash back bonus after making $500 in eligible net purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Travel more than 100 miles from home and you’ll have 24/7 access to medical, legal, and financial help if the unexpected happens
- Receive reimbursement of the price difference on an eligible item purchased entirely with your Card if an identical item is found for a lower price within 30 days of the purchase
- Get your cash back in the form of a statement credit, a direct deposit into your U.S. Bank checking or savings account, or as a rewards card
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars, 3% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card is ideal for those who want cash back with every purchase but hate the fuss that comes with rotating categories. The card earns a flat 1.5% back on every purchase, with redemption options including statement balances, direct deposits into existing U.S. Bank accounts, or as purchases through the card itself. New accounts also benefit from 0% intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers and a $150 cash back bonus after spending $500 in purchases within the first 90 days. The card also boasts no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t like the hassle of selecting cash back categories
- Want to earn a respectable cash back rate with every purchase
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card Review
The U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card is a no-fuss cash back rewards card from U.S. Bank. The card is ideal for those who want to earn a solid flat rate of cash back with every purchase, without the worry of difficult to understand categories and merchant codes.
Unlike the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card, which earns up to 5% cash back on select categories which users can change each quarter, the Cash 365 Amex card earns a straightforward 1.5% back on everything. This is a hassle and stress-free way to earn above the 1% back that comes with other no annual fee cards, such as the Discover It Chrome or the Discover It Cash Back.
Cash back redemption options with U.S. Bank are also straight forward, with three redemption options from which to choose. Cardholders can receive their cash back as a statement credit, a direct deposit into a U.S. Bank checking or savings account, or simply use their Cash 365 Amex card to use their rewards.
Like other cash back cards from U.S. Bank, the Cash 365 American Express Card also comes with two nice introductory perks. Cardholders receive 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months, plus $150 bonus cash back when making $500 in purchases within the first 90 days, which is a very achievable bonus offer.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card?
The U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card is a great option for those who want to earn an improved cash back rate with every purchase but hate the complexities that come with some higher-end cash back cards. The card earns a simple and straightforward 1.5% back on every purchase, with no restrictions on the amount of cash back that can be earned.
While cards like the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature offer greater rewards, a lot of people are hesitant to plan their budgets around an ever-revolving selection of categories. The Cash 365 Amex’s simplicity makes it a great choice as an everyday credit card for those who prefer a standard rate that never changes.
The two bonus offers with the Cash 365 Amex Card are also nice perks that provide real value to cardholders. $150 cash back for just $500 in spending within the first 90 days is an easily achievable goal that provides 30% cash back – a nice bonus indeed! The 12 months of 0% intro APR on balance transfers is another great benefit, especially for those who plan on paying down existing credit card debt from previous cards.
Overall, the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card is a solid cash back card for those that like rewards but hate the fuss that comes with some cash back credit cards. The addition of $150 back and 12 months of 0% APR – and no annual fee – make this an everyday tool worth considering.