Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on February 9th, 2022
Sportsman's Guide Buyer's Club® Rewards Visa®
- Regular Purchase APR 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 26.99%
- Cash Advance APR 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- Extra 2.5% discount on every Sportsman's Guide purchase
- Earn 1% in points on outside purchases
- No annual fee
- Earn a $40 bonus reward certificate when open and spend $500 outside Sportsman's Guide with your Sportsman's Guide Buyer's Club Visa® Credit Card (where Visa is accepted) within the first 90 days of account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Rewards Visa® works in tandem with the Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club to provide additional 2.5% savings on every purchase in addition to all the perks of being enrolled in the loyalty program.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are currently a member of the Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club member
- Will spend $500 within the first 90 days
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Don’t mind paying a foreign transaction fee
Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Rewards Visa Review
Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Rewards Visa® is issued by Comentiy Bank and has few benefits to offer as a standalone credit card. Instead, the card’s primary strength is when it is paired with a Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club membership – a subscription-based rewards program – and offers an additional 2.5% discount on all merchandise on top of the existing program discounts.
This could bring total savings to 12.5% at checkout and up to 7.5% on guns and ammo – but even having no annual fee, might not be enough to justify applying for the Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club credit card.
The other features of the card are less impressive, however, offering an unremarkable signup bonus of $40 for spending $500 within the first 90 days and a downright dismal 1% back in reward points for all purchases made outside of the store.
It would require a spend of $100,000 outside of Sportsman’s Guide to earn a mere $10 in rewards – even the most basic cash back credit card being exponentially more rewarding. Our recommendation: spend just enough to qualify for the signup bonus and then keep it solely for Sportsman’s Guide purchases.
Should you choose to use your card outside of the retailer and try to earn points, the rewards have several limitations that are worth noting. Reward points expire 24 months after they have been earned and reward certificates expire 12 months after being earned. As with Comenity’s other co-branded credit cards, reward certificates are automatically generated once the minimum number of reward points has been accumulated.
Should You Apply for the Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Rewards Visa?
Overall, the Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Rewards Visa® has little to offer the avid hunter, outdoorsmen, or gun enthusiast that their reward program (the Buyer’s Club) doesn’t already offer. With the rewards program providing the bulk of the customer perks, even the most loyal of Sportsman’s Guide shoppers won’t miss out on much by passing on this card.