Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 12th, 2021
Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date. Then 14.99%
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Roadside Assistance
- Build credit with responsible use
- Visa Zero Liability Protection
- Intro Purchase APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date. Then 14.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Minimum Deposit Required: Please see terms
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card is a great way to rebuild damaged credit. Offered by Space Coast Credit Union in Florida, the card features an introductory APR for the first six months, followed by a fixed APR after that. The card also earns 1% cashback for every eligible purchase, which is a nice feature not found on many other secured cards. No annual fee is another great feature, meaning you don’t have to pay fees for the privilege of rebuilding credit.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Need to rebuild your credit score
- Are new to credit and struggle to get an unsecured card
- Want to earn rewards as you establish good credit practices
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card Review
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card is an excellent way for those trying to rebuild their credit to take the first positive steps towards that goal. The card, like other secured credit cards, requires a deposit that also acts as the line of credit. In the case of the Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa®, the minimal despot needed is $300, which must be in a Space Coast Credit Union savings account.
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® differs from many other secured credit cards in that it offers rewards. The card, like other offerings from Space Coast, offers 1% cashback on eligible purchases. This cashback bonus is a great feature but must be used carefully – as overspending can lead to credit card debt, carrying a balance, or late payments. While carrying a balance isn’t necessarily a negative, for a secured card it is best to pay your entire statement in balance in full each month – so cardholders should always be sure to use their card sparingly.
Should You Apply for the Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa®?
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® benefits from an intro APR of for 6 months for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, followed by a set rate of around 18% after that, though the exact rate will vary based on the current Prime Rate. The card also features no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, as well as no annual fee.
With responsible use, Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Cardholders may be able to apply or upgrade to the Space Coast Platinum Visa, which is a great reward for financial responsibility and hard work.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?