Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card
Establish Your Credit Securely
- No annual fee
- Special Introductory Rate For The First 6 Months
- Build credit with responsible use
- Visa Zero Liability Protection
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Minimum Deposit Required: $300
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card is a great way to rebuild damaged credit. Offered by Space Coast Credit Union in Florida, the card features an introductory APR for the first six months, followed by a fixed APR after that. The card also earns 1% cashback for every eligible purchase, which is a nice feature not found on many other secured cards. No annual fee is another great feature, meaning you don’t have to pay fees for the privilege of rebuilding credit.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Need to rebuild your credit score
- Are new to credit and struggle to get an unsecured card
- Want to earn rewards as you establish good credit practices
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card Review
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Credit Card is an excellent way for those trying to rebuild their credit to take the first positive steps towards that goal. The card, like other secured credit cards, requires a deposit that also acts as the line of credit. In the case of the Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa®, the minimal despot needed is $300, which must be in a Space Coast Credit Union savings account.
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® differs from many other secured credit cards in that it offers rewards. The card, like other offerings from Space Coast, offers 1% cashback on eligible purchases. This cashback bonus is a great feature but must be used carefully – as overspending can lead to credit card debt, carrying a balance, or late payments. While carrying a balance isn’t necessarily a negative, for a secured card it is best to pay your entire statement in balance in full each month – so cardholders should always be sure to use their card sparingly.
Should You Apply for the Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa®?
The Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® benefits from an intro APR of for 6 months for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, followed by a set rate of around 18% after that, though the exact rate will vary based on the current Prime Rate. The card also features no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, as well as no annual fee.
With responsible use, Space Coast Savings-Secured Visa® Cardholders may be able to apply or upgrade to the Space Coast Platinum Visa, which is a great reward for financial responsibility and hard work.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?