Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 12th, 2021
Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Special Introductory Rates For The First 6 Months
- No Annual Fee
- Free FICO® Score
- No Balance Transfer Or Cash Advance Fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.24% to 16.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card is a cashback credit card designed to handle whatever life throws at it. The card, offered by Florida bank Space Coast Credit Union, features an exclusive 0% introductory APR for six months on balance transfers, cash advances, and purchases, followed by a typical competitive APR after that. The card also earns 1% cashback on all eligible purchases, making it a potent tool in every Floridian’s tool belt – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Space Coast Credit Union
- Live on the east coast of Florida
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want an all-round reliable credit card for everyday use
Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card Review
The Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card is a straightforward cashback rewards card that fits in in every situation. Offered by Space Coast Credit Union, one of the largest credit Unions in Florida with locations spanning the entire Atlantic coast of the state, the Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card offers a simple, flat rate of 1% cashback on qualifying purchases.
The Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card also benefits from a special introductory APR on not only purchases but also balance transfers and cash advances. New account holders receive a special rate of 0% introductory APR for the first six months, followed by a very competitive typical rate after that. For those with excellent credit, they can expect an APR of around 11%, though the precise rate will vary according to the applicant’s creditworthiness, along with the Prime Rate.
Credit Union credit cards are usually great at keeping the fees at bay, and the Space Coast Platinum Visa® is no different. Account-holders never have to worry about paying an annual fee, or do they need to pay fees for balance transfers or cash advances. Sure, there are foreign transaction fees associated with the card, but the Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card is more of an about the town, everyday card than a travel rewards card anyways.
Should You Apply for the Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card?
Overall, the Space Coast Platinum Visa® Credit Card from Space Coast Credit Union is a versatile, and reliable, tool for everyday use. The lack of an annual fee, combined with a flat cashback rate, and exclusive 0% introductory APR make it a smart choice for Florida natives.