| Last updated on November 13th, 2023
Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card
Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card
- 18.00% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.00% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date. Then 18.00% variable Cash Advance APR
- 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card is designed to help teenagers get their proverbial feet wet in the credit ocean, with a flat rate APR and straightforward fee structure. The student card also earns 1% cash back on eligible purchases, giving students their first taste of what a reward card has to offer. While the card requires a co-signer, it benefits from 0% introductory APR for the first six months and no annual fees.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Build Credit Responsibly
- No Annual Fee
- Roadside Assistance
- Free FICO® Score
- Intro Purchase APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.00% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.00% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 5.99% for 6 months from account opening date. Then 18.00% variable
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- You're a student looking to establish credit for the first time
- You want to learn credit responsibility with a cash back bonus
- You live in Florida and bank with Space Coast Credit Unio
Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card Review
Financial responsibility is key to opening the doors to a brighter credit future, and the Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card is the way to get your credit history off on to a great start. The card, offered by leading Florida credit union Space Coast Credit Union, is specially designed to help students gain the financial skills they need to succeed in life.
The Space Coast Student Visa® Card is available to those between the ages of 15 and 18 years old and requires a co-signer. A this is an entry-level card, students can expect a flat APR for purchase and cash advances of around 17%, though the exact rate will vary depending on the Prime Rate. A nice feature of the card is the introductory APR of 5.99% for purchases and cash advances for the first six months, meaning parents can let their kids learn the basics of interest with a low rate.
Other noteworthy features of the Space Coast Student Visa® Card are the lack of an annual fee or fees for balance transfers or cash advances. As the card is a first card, however, there likely will be little need for transferring balances anyways. Cardholders also benefit from a free monthly FICO® score, so they can see their hard work paying off.
Should You Apply for the Space Coast Student Visa®?
All things said, the Space Coast Student Visa® Credit Card is a great entry-level credit card for students who want to start their credit history off on the right foot. With practice, students will be able to upgrade to a higher credit limit, or even another card from Space Coast, such as the Platinum Visa®.curate to the best of our knowledge.
Browse Other Space Coast Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.