Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 14th, 2021
SKYPASS Visa® Business Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95 and $95 for Authorized Employees
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn accelerated SKYPASS miles with your business expenses
- Earn 2 miles for every net eligible $1 you spend on Korean Air ticket purchases
- Earn 2 miles for every net eligible $1 you spend at gas stations and hotels
- Earn miles for reward flights on SkyTeam carriers
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95 and $95 for Authorized Employees
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The SKYPASS Visa Business Card is an airline rewards business credit card designed for those companies that travel to and from South Korea for work frequently. Cardholders earn two2 miles for every dollar spent on tickets from Korean Air or other SkyTeam partner airlines, as well as at gas stations or hotels. All other purchases earn one point from every dollar spent. New members can also earn 30,000 bonus miles when they make $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently travel to South Korea for business
- Book your travel through Korean Air
- Want impressive benefits and mile-earning potential
- Want no foreign transaction fee
SKYPASS Visa® Business Card Review
There are tons of airline rewards credit cards out there, catering to the needs of travelers across the globe. The SKYPASS Visa Business Card is one of these cards, but it fills a particular niche that other cards don’t: it caters to those who frequent Korean Air.
Earn Double Miles
If your business often takes you to the Korean peninsula, the SKYPASS Visa Business Card is a great option to consider. Cardholders can earn double miles on all ticket purchases made through Korean Air, or gas stations and hotels, as well as when booking through partner airlines. SKYPASS cardholders also earn one mile per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
For those who open a new account, U.S. Bank offers 30,000 bonus miles when they spend $3,000 or more within the first 90 days. While this bonus doesn’t top some of the offers available through other lenders, it is a $500 value, which for frequent Korean Air travelers is a considerable saving. Cardholders also receive 2,000 bonus miles every year when renewing their membership.
The average value of a SKYPASS rewards mile is roughly $.17/ mile, which is very good when compared to other airline rewards programs, where the typical mile value s $.01/mile. The value of this impressive reward means those who visit South Korea often can easily rack up valuable mile rewards in no time.
How to Redeem SKYPASS Miles
Miles earned with the SKYPASS Visa Business Card are applicable towards flight bookings with Korean Air or other SkyTeam partner airlines, seat upgrades on any SkyTeam service, access to the KAL lounge (2 complimentary KAL lounge coupons per year are included in membership), excesses baggage fees, hotel stays, and much more.
For more information on the SkyTeam, check out:
Should You Apply for the SKYPASS Visa Business Card?
The SKYPASS Business Visa from U.S. Bank is a versatile airline rewards card for companies that frequently travel across the Pacific for business. The card offers significant value to the frequent Korean traveler, including the ability to earn 2 miles per dollar spent, KAL lounge visits, seat upgrades and more. Additionally, cardholders earn double points on ticket purchases through Korean Air and SkyTeam partners. – and an extra 30,000 bonus miles just for spending $3,000 in the first three months.
While the rewards on offer from the SKYPASS Visa Business Card are great for those whose business takes them to South Korea, the annual fee of $95 is a burden not found in other comparable airline rewards cards. Similarly, the card’s niche market isn’t for everyone, so if you don’t regularly travel to Seoul, Incheon, or elsewhere for business, there are better options available.