| Last updated on January 10th, 2024
SKYPASS Visa® Business Card
SKYPASS Visa® Business Card
- 23.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 23.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The SKYPASS Visa Business Card is an airline rewards business credit card designed for those companies that travel to and from South Korea for work frequently. Cardholders earn two2 miles for every dollar spent on tickets from Korean Air or other SkyTeam partner airlines, as well as at gas stations or office suppliers, and restaurants. All other purchases earn one point from every dollar spent. New members can also earn 50,000 bonus miles when they make $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn accelerated SKYPASS miles with your business expenses
- Earn 2 miles for every net eligible $1 you spend on Korean Air ticket purchases
- Earn 2 miles for every net eligible $1 you spend at gas stations and EV charging stations, cell phone and office supplies, and dining, including takeout and restaurant delivery
- Earn miles for reward flights on SkyTeam carriers
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 23.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 32.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99 and $99 for Authorized Employees
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
- You frequently travel to South Korea for business
- You book your travel mainly through Korean Air
- You want impressive benefits and mile-earning potential
- You want no foreign transaction fees
SKYPASS Visa® Business Card Review
There are tons of airline rewards credit cards out there, catering to the needs of travelers across the globe. The SKYPASS Visa Business Card is one of these cards, but it fills a particular niche that other cards don’t: it caters to those who frequent Korean Air.
For those who open a new account, U.S. Bank offers 50,000 bonus miles when they spend $5,000 or more within the first 90 days. While this bonus doesn’t top some of the offers available through other lenders, it is a $500 value for frequent Korean Air travelers, which is a considerable saving.
The average value of a SKYPASS rewards mile is roughly $.17/ mile, which is very good when compared to other airline rewards programs, where the typical mile value s $.01/mile. The value of this impressive reward means those who visit South Korea often can easily rack up valuable mile rewards in no time.
How to Earn Miles
If your business often takes you to the Korean peninsula, the SKYPASS Visa Business Card is a great option to consider. Cardholders can earn double miles on all ticket purchases made through Korean Air, gas stations and electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, phone and office supplies, and dining. All other purchases earn one mile per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
Business Airline Comparison
SKYPASS Visa® Business
SkyMiles® Gold Business
Alaska Airlines Business
|$99 annual fee ($0 first year)
|$95 ($70 per company, $25 per card, so $95 for the first card).
|2X miles on Korean Air ticket purchases plus gas station, EV charging station, cell phone and office supplies, and dining purchases, 1X on all other purchases
|2X Miles on purchases made directly with Delta and at restaurants, shipping providers, and on advertising purchases in select media; 1X Miles on all other purchases.
|3X miles per dollar on eligible Alaska purchases; 2X miles per dollar on gas, local transit (including ride-hailing) and shipping; 1X miles per dollar on other purchases.
|Annual 30% off Korean Air coupon, 2X KAL Lounge coupons each year, no foreign transaction fees
|1st bag free on Delta, Cabin 1 priority boarding on Delta flights, discounted Sky Club access, no foreign transaction fees, $100 Delta flight credit
|Annual Companion Fare (each account anniversary after you spend $6,000 or more on purchases within the prior anniversary year).Free checked bag when you pay with your card.20% off inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi.$100 off one Alaska Lounge+ Membership annually when purchased with your card.Priority boarding when you pay with your card.
|Bank of America
How to Redeem SKYPASS Miles
Miles earned with the SKYPASS Visa Business Card are applicable towards flight bookings with Korean Air or other SkyTeam partner airlines, seat upgrades on any SkyTeam service, access to the KAL Lounge access, excesses baggage fees, hotel stays, and much more.
If you’re interested in redeeming miles for flights, remember to pay attention to the following advice;
First, check availability by searching for flights on the Korean Air website. Select the “Redeem Miles” option instead of paying with cash. Choose your desired departure and destination airports, travel dates, and class of service. The website will display the available flights and the miles required for redemption.
Or, if you already have a paid flight with Korean Air and want to upgrade your fare or cabin using miles, you can contact Korean Air customer service to check if your flight is eligible for upgrade redemption. The number of miles required for an upgrade varies depending on the route and class of service.
Remember that you may still be responsible for paying taxes, fees, and surcharges – even when redeeming miles. These charges vary depending on the route and destination. Always make sure to review the total cost before confirming your award redemption.
Other Card Features
Other features of the SKYPASS Business Visa include a rich assortment of Korean Air perks, such as:
- $50 Off coupon for Korean Air ticket purchases each year
- 2 KAL Lounge coupons each yea
- SKYPASS Visa card purchases help you reach and maintain Morning Calm Club Membership
- Visa Business Reporting — Manage expenses with a simple, yet power and free tool.
The card also provides a selection of business integrations and protections via the usual Visa Signature perks, products, and services they’ve come to expect, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
U.S. Bank Ratings
What’s the SKYPASS Visa like to live with every day? Here is a selection of ratings for U.S. Bank as a credit card issuer:
Should You Apply for the SKYPASS Visa Business Card?
The SKYPASS Business Visa from U.S. Bank is a versatile airline rewards card for companies that frequently travel across the Pacific for business. The card offers significant value to the frequent Korean traveler, including earning 2 miles per dollar spent, KAL lounge visits, seat upgrades and more. Additionally, cardholders earn double points on a variety of other everyday business expenses, like office supplies, dining, and phone services – and an extra 50,000 bonus miles just for spending $5,000 in the first three months.
While the rewards on offer from the SKYPASS Visa Business Card are great for those whose business takes them to South Korea, the annual fee of $95 is a burden not found in other comparable airline rewards cards. Similarly, the card’s niche market isn’t for everyone, so if you don’t regularly travel to Seoul, Incheon, or elsewhere for business, there are better options available.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.