Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Credit Card
Earn a 10% Points Bonus Every Year
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% to 12.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 7.9%
- Cash Advance APR 18% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- 3X points on travel, gas, dining, and wholesale clubs
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Rewards never expire
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% to 12.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.9%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 18% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1.5% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $20
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $15
At a Glance
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card is a reliable rewards card for companies that send their employees out on business. The no annual fee card earns 3X points in several critical travel categories and comes with six months of 0% intro APR
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live or operate a company in Texas, Colorado, or Utah
- Spend heavily on gas, dining, or business travel
- Already carry a balance or plan to do so with their new card
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Credit Card Review
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card is a business rewards card that lets businesses earn rewards for the daily travel spends they rely on.
Who Can Join Security Service FCU?
Security Service FCU is a full-service federal credit union based in San Antonio, Texas. The FCU also serves those who qualify that live in other parts of Texas, as well as Colorado and Utah. Membership is open to companies that meet one of the following criteria:
- Businesses that live, work, worship, volunteer, attend a school or have their company’s address in Colorado, Utah, or Texas
- Worked with select military units or branches, or are a Department of Defense employee at military bases within Colorado, Utah, or Texas
- Family members or household members of an existing Security Service FCU member
How to Earn Rewards
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Credit Card earns 3X points in four travel-related categories. Where small-to-medium sized companies spend the most. Those categories are:
- Wholesale Clubs
The categories with the Travel Rewards Card are the same as those found with another Security Service business card, the Power Business Cash Back Card. That card, however, struggles because of its categories. The Travel Rewards Card, on the other hand, thrives thanks to these four 3X point groups. Smaller and medium-sized companies looking for a travel card will likely jump at the opportunity to earn triple points on gas, travel, and dining. For companies that rely on salespeople that travel, dining and gas purchase are essential. While some other rewards card prioritizes office supplies as an earning category, that’s not the case here. Instead, the Power Business Travel Rewards Card earns points exactly where it should. The addition of wholesale clubs might sound strange, but it shouldn’t. Smaller companies rely heavily on these clubs for bulk supplies. Earning 3X points on purchases for things like paper towels, coffee, and stationery is a unique and unexpected perk of this card. The 3X points on wholesale clubs, however, comes with the caveat that Costco purchases don’t apply for 3X rewards. Purchases made with the Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Credit Card here earn just 1X points. This is the base earning rate for points that applies to all other purchases with the card.
Annual Points Bonus
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card also comes with a pretty impressive yearly bonus for account holders. That bonus is 10% additional points automatically applied to the account every year. Other Security Service business cards come with a signup bonus, usually as a statement credit. This is the case with many other cards from smaller issuers, such as the AmaZing Rewards Cards from banks like Vectra, Zions, and Amegy. The 10% extra points bonus from the Travel Rewards Power Card, however, lets companies decide for themselves how much they want to earn. Spend a lot – earn a lot. It’s that simple. This is a great perk.
How to Redeem Rewards
Rewards with Security Service FCU never expire. Redeeming those points takes place through the Security Service FCU Rewards Center Points are redeemable towards a wide variety of options, including:
- Gift card from major retailers, starting at 2,500 points
- Prepaid Mastercard debit cards, starting at 4,000 points
- Merchandise from leading brands, starting at 3,000 points.
- Charitable donations from 5,000 points
- Experiential awards, including stock car driving experiences, skydiving, and more
- Online travel bookings with over 160,000 hotels, 125 airlines, and more
Reward points are also redeemable as cash back rewards, in increments of $25. Cash back is applicable towards statement credits or direct deposits into checking or savings accounts associated with the Power Business Travel Rewards Card account.
0% Introductory APR for Six Months
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card benefits from 0% intro APR periods on both purchases and balance transfers. These periods run for the initial six months after account opening. While six months isn’t impressive, as many other cards offer more extensive intro periods, it is more than enough time to finance larger purchases, such as technology or infrastructure investments. The six months intro APR also provides the time to pay down part of an existing credit card balance. While the Blue Business Plus Card from American Express offers 12 months of 0% intro APR, it lacks the party piece that the Power Travel Rewards has in store.
Highly- Competitive APR
Just what is that party trick? Once six months of no-interest finish, companies can expect a purchase APR considerably lower than offers found with major issuers. Even those who receive the highest variable rate from Security Service will receive an APR lower than the best rate that comes from the Amex Blue Business Plus. Those who get the best rates get something even more impressive – an interest rate well below 12%. Considering the national average low for a business card is approximately 15.5%, the Power Travel Rewards Card is an enticing offer. This variable APR applies only to purchases, as balance transfers come with the same fixed-rate as the Security Service Power Mastercard for Business. That rate is fixed at below 8%, meaning the Travel Rewards Card offers companies that want basic rewards an excellent option for transferring – and paying down – existing credit card debts. Combines with the low purchase APR, the Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card is a reliable tool for carrying a balance.
Other Card Features
Other features of the card include additional savings via the Mastercard Easy Savings Program. This program allows businesses to earn extra savings on a variety of everyday spends. Savings include:
- 4% back on over 5,000 midscale and economy hotels
- 4% back on over 18,000 U.S. restaurants
- 5% back on business travel
- 1% back on fuel purchases at over 19,000 service stations across the U.S.
Since the card is a World Mastercard, companies can also expect great travel perks. They’ll have access to Mastercard Travel Services, offering convenient hotel, flight, and car rental bookings. They’ll also have access to Priceless Cities, Mastercard’s luxury experience portal.
Beware Foreign Transaction Fees
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 1.5%. Obviously, a card that charges no foreign transaction fees is preferable. Still, 1.5% is much lower than the 3% found with other business travel cards, such as the Blue Business Plus and the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Card.
Should You Apply for the Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Card?
The Security Service Power Business Travel Rewards Credit Card is a robust and reliable travel card for companies that want to earn quality rewards on their everyday buys. The card hits many of the same notes as the Power Business Cash Back Card. Where it differs, however, is that the notes it hits ring true, and don’t fall flat like with the Cash Back Card. The card earns 3X points in the types of categories that many small and medium-sized companies can actually enjoy. The additional 10% annual points bonus is another great feature – and one that offers more value than a one-off signup bonus. Like other Security Service FCU Cards, the real stars of the show are the interest rates with this card. Two six-month 0% intro APR periods aren’t significant, but the variable purchase APR and fixed-rate balance transfer APR are. The balance transfer APR is sensational – and one of the lowest everyday rates we’ve ever seen.