| Last updated on November 9th, 2023
Sallie Mae Evolve Card
Sallie Mae Evolve Card
- 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Sallie Mae Evolve? Credit Card is a student credit card designed for recent college graduates, is a great way to earn cash back rewards while you build your credit score up from the ground. Earn 1.25% cash back on all purchases and you’ll automatically receive an extra 25% bonus on those rewards earned from your top two purchase categories each month, along with a generous introductory bonus offer.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn unlimited 1.25% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Earn a 25% bonus on cash back rewards earned from your top two purchase categories each month
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 15 months from account opening
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You like the idea of earning unlimited 1.25% cash back
- You would like to earn a 25% cash back bonus each month on your top two purchase categories
- You will take advantage of a generous introductory purchase APR of 0% for 15 months
Sallie Mae Evolve Card Review
Sallie Mae now has a strong portfolio of great rewards credit cards for students and recent grads, as well as anyone else who’s looking for a way to build (or improve) their credit while maximizing their savings with cash back rewards. The Sallie Mae Evolve℠ Card is perhaps their best offering for those who want to earn big cash back bucks while enjoying an introductory purchase APR of 0% for the first 15 months they use their card. Cardholders won’t pay an annual fee, either.
Simple Cash Back Rewards
When you make an everyday purchase with your Sallie Mae Evolve℠ Credit Card, you’ll earn unlimited 1.25% cash back on your dollar whether it’s for food, gas, your cell phone bill, or Netflix. Additionally, cardholders will benefit from a special bonus offer – earn a 25% Bonus on cash back rewards earned from your top two purchase categories each month – meaning the more you spend, the more you’ll save. Sallie Mae is also dedicated to helping cardholders improve their credit history, so when you demonstrate responsible financial behavior by making on-time payments regularly, you’ll unlock additional rewards, at the discretion of the card issuer.
Credit Building Tools
Sallie Mae’s credit cards come with a suite of convenient (and free) tools for cardholders. Download their app to access your account from your smartphone or tablet device – you can pay bills, view transactions, and set up alerts quickly and easily. You can even pause your card quickly from the app, in the instance that your card has been lost, misplaced, or stolen. The app makes it easy to dispute fraudulent charges, too – and don’t worry, with the Sallie Mae Evolve℠ Credit Card, you won’t be held responsible for purchases you didn’t make.
You’ll be able to track your rewards by setting daily, weekly, and monthly spending alerts; use these to get insight into your spending habits, which can help you work towards a great credit score. You’ll have access to your FICO score, and much more. Another great feature for students and recent grads: When you pay your monthly cell phone bill with the Sallie Mae Evolve℠ Credit Card, you’ll receive up to $600 per claim in cell phone protection, so if you drop your phone on the way to class or it gets stolen, you’ll be covered.
Should You Apply for the Sallie Mae Evolve Card?
he Sallie Mae Evolve Card is an excellent option for recent college graduates that’s ant to earn rewards, but struggle to find other lenders willing to take them on. The card provides reliable rewards, a tantalizing introductory offer, and better access to credit with responsible usage – what’s not to love? In this regard the card fares comparably to Chase’s Freedom®
Student Credit Card.
Related Article: What Are the Easiest Credit Cards for Bad Credit to Get?
Browse Other Credit Cards:
Browse Other Sallie Mae Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.