| Last updated on November 9th, 2023
Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card
Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card
- 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card is a secured card that serves as a straightforward tool to help you build your positive credit history. You can set your credit limit based on the funds you deposit into your account, giving you control over the direction of your financial future.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Secured by a Regions Explore Card savings account, this can help build credit history with responsible use
- Gain access to Purchase Security and Warranty Manager benefits
- Use with Google Pay™, Apple Pay® and Samsung Pay
- Regular Purchase APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $29
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Minimum Deposit Required: $250
- You want a simple secured card to rebuild your credit score
- You do not want to pay foreign transaction fees on purchases while vacationing overseas
- You seek a card with overdraft protection and the ability to monitor on your smartphone using Regions LockIt on the Regions mobile app.
Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card Review
If a few money missteps have caused your credit score to plummet over time, the Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card may be just what you need to bring you back up.
Not only do you determine your credit limit based on how much you put into your Regions EWxplore Card savings account, but over time, your responsible behavior with this card may make it easier to qualify for the unsecured credit card of your dreams. This process is expedited with the Regions Explore Visa® as your behavior is also reported to all three major credit bureaus.
This secured credit card may also be a viable option for you if you travel often for work or leisure, as it doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees. On top of that, it boasts a low annual fee and late payment fee, though you should definitely pay the former while avoiding the latter.
That advice can be applied for all credit cards, but especially with the Regions Explore Visa® Credit Card if you want to establish or improve your current credit score.
Should You Apply for the Regions Explore Visa?
The Regions Explore Visa from Regions Bank is a quality option for those seeking to build credit with on-time payments and regular reporting. The lack of a foreign transaction fee and the possibility of an upgrade to an unsecured credit card account are the top-selling points.
For those not sold on the high PAR with the Explore Card, the purchase APR of the First Progress Platinum Prestige Mastercard® is one of the lowest rates available and requires a minimum deposit of $200.
For more information about small business secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history and that of your company.
Browse Other Secured Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.