Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 12th, 2022
PCB Secured Visa®
- Regular Purchase APR See Issuer Website
- Cash Advance APR See Issuer Website
- Annual Fee See Issuer Website
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor , No Credit Required
- Processing Network Visa
- Upon credit approval, the collateral deposit you provide becomes the credit limit on your Visa® card. Choose between $200 and $1,000
- After the first year, you can request to increase the credit limit up to a maximum of $5,000 (subject to credit approval and additional collateral deposits)
- This card is perfect for people new to credit as well as people looking to rebuild their credit
- Build or rebuild your credit by keeping your balances low and paying all creditors on time every month
- 24/7 online account center
- A minimum collateral deposit of $200 is required to open this account
- This card is issued by Plains Commerce Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc
- Regular Purchase APR: See Issuer Website
- Cash Advance APR: See Issuer Website
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: See Issuer Website
- Annual Fee: See Issuer Website
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Issuer Website
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: See Issuer Website
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See Issuer Website
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: See Issuer Website
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The PCB Secured Visa allows you to raise your credit score with a low APR and a chance to increase your credit limit. From Dakotas-based Plains Commerce Bank, the card is ideal for those looking to rebuild their credit, as well as those new to credit entirely.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to rebuild or establish a positive credit history
- Plan to use their secured card responsibly
- Want 24/7 online account management and regular reporting to all the major credit bureaus
- Don’t want to sacrifice style as they repair their credit
PCB Secured Visa® Review
Repairing damaged credit is tricky. Equally daunting is attempting to establish a credit history for the first time. Plains Commerce Bank (PCB) understands the difficulties millions of Americans face when it comes to receiving credit cards. That’s why it offers the PCB Secured Visa® as an ideal credit repair tool.
Plains Commerce Bank isn’t the biggest name in banking, but it has a proud history of service in the local South and North Dakota communities – where it enjoys a large presence. PCB now extends that track record nationwide with the PCB Secured Visa card.
PCB Secured Visa Deposit Requirements
Secured cards are like any other credit card: they provide flexibility when paying, offer fraud protection, and help you establish a positive credit history with on-time payments. The only difference between a secured credit card and an unsecured card is that secured cards require an upfront collateral deposit.
The collateral deposit becomes the credit limit on the PCB Secured Visa card. Choose between $200 and $1,000. While the $1,000 is on the lower end of the secured card deposit maximums, PCB allows cardholders to increase their deposit to a maximum of $5,000 after their first year (subject to credit approval and additional collateral deposits).
Build a Positive Credit History with Responsible Use
Because secured cards require a deposit, they are much easier to obtain than an unsecured credit card. For this reason, secured cards are the ideal way to repair damaged credit scores or establish a good credit history for the first time.
Since the PCB Secured Visa reports monthly to all three major credit bureaus – Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion – responsible use of the card is essential. “Responsible use” means purchasing only what you can afford to pay off right away and ensuring you at least pay the minimum due on your card statement each month – and on time.
The PCB Secured Visa features a fixed APR. That rate positions the card very favorably in the secured card marketplace since others typically have higher rates.
Modest Annual Fee
Like other cards in the market, the PCB Secured Visa features an annual fee. However, this charge is moderate for a secured card.
Other Card Features
Other noteworthy features of the PCB Secured Visa include:
- 24/7 online account management
- A slick, stylish vertical card design
- Visa Classic credit card protections, including Cardholder Inquiry Services, Visa Zero Fraud Liability, Emergency Card Replacement, and more.
Like other card issuers, Plains Community Bank has some restrictions on its PCB Secured Visa Card. The card is not available to those who reside in Wisconsin, for instance. Additionally, Alabama residents must be 19 years or older to apply, while Mississippi residents must be at least 21. All other applicants must be 18 years or older to apply. For all the details and restrictions, remember to review the card’s terms and conditions.
PCB Visa Card Ratings
How does the PCB Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the PCB Secured visa Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the PCB Secured visa Credit Card?
The PCB Secured Visa is an attractive secured credit card option for those looking to establish (or re-establish) a positive credit history.
The fixed-rate APR makes carry a balance possible, though paying as much as you can each month is the fastest way to rebuild a bad credit score. The additions of regular reporting to all the major credit bureaus, a modest annual fee, and Plains Commerce Bank’s helpful customer service make for a great combination when setting off on a credit repair journey. And the attractive card design certainly helps, too.