Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 16th, 2021
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards
Earn 40K Bonus Points + Get 3X Points on Travel Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.99% to 20% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $49
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 3X points on travel
- Earn 2X points on all other purchases
- $100 statement credit towards TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry applications
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 40,000 points (a $400 value) with a $4,000 spend in the first 90 days of opening the account and free Amazon Prime for a year. Expires Nov. 1, 2021.
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.99% to 20% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, up to $1 for ATM Cash Advance
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Annual Fee: $49
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
At a Glance
The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a travel reward credit card created with our military personnel and their families in mind. The card earns triple rewards points for travel purchases and double points for all other purchases made with the card. New account holders also receive 40,000 bonus points (worth $400) when they make $4,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account. Points earned through the NFCU Flagship Rewards program are applicable towards travel, cash back, gift cards, and more. The card features no annual fees for the first year (and $49 per year after that) and no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a member of the U.S. Navy or a family member of Navy personnel
- Want an exception travel rewards card
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
- Plan to spend at least $4,000 on your card within the first 3 months
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Review
The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a rewards credit card from Navy Federal Credit Union. Cardholders earn an impressive triple rewards points (3 points for every dollar spent) for travel purchases and double points – or 2 points for every dollar spent – on everything else. New cardholders also benefit from an exciting introductory offer of 40,000 bonus points when they spend $4,000 in purchases with their card in the first 90 days of opening an account. 40,000 points equate to $400 – enough for a flight, multiple nights in hotel stays, car rentals, or more.
The impressive perks with the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card continue, as cardholders also receive a one-time, up to $100 statement credit, which is applicable towards either a TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry application. This nice perk, as well as the lack of a foreign transaction fee, makes the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card an excellent option for a travel card.
The low APR available further increases the power of the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards – with typical rates well below what is on offer from most traditional banks. For those with excellent credit scores, they can expect a purchase and balance transfer APR of around 12%, with typical APRs for those with very good credit getting interest rates up to 18%, though the actual rate will vary based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also features no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, and an annual fee of $49.
Navy Federal Credit Union credit cards are designed with America’s military in mind. Points earned through the Flagship Rewards program never expire, there’s no limit to the number of points that can be earned, and members have access to worldwide Travel Accident Insurance and global assistance. The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card is consistently ranked as one of the best travel rewards credit cards out there, and it’s easy to see why.
Should You Apply for the Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Card?
Overall, the Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a robust reward card that earns solid points on everything. While triple rewards points on travel is a great perk, it is the ability to earn double points on every other purchase that makes this card so unique. Many rewards credit cards earn multiple points in select categories and single points for everything else. Few cards, however, earn two points for every dollar spent.
The addition of no foreign transaction fees, a modest $49 per year annual fee, and the typical Visa Signature travel perks and protections make this a valuable addition to the wallet not only of the frequent traveler but anyone who wants to earn great rewards – no matter what the purchase.