| Last updated on October 19th, 2023
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards
- 14.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.99% to 20.00% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a travel reward credit card created with our military personnel and their families in mind. The card earns triple rewards points for travel purchases and double points for all other purchases made with the card. New account holders also receive 30,000 bonus points (worth $300) when they make $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 3X points on travel
- Earn 2X points on all other purchases
- $100 statement credit towards TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry applications
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 30,000 bonus points (a $300 value) after spending $3,000 within 90 days of opening an account
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 20.00% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, up to $1 for ATM Cash Advance
- Penalty APR: 18.00%
- Annual Fee: $49
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- You're a member of the U.S. Navy or a family member of Navy personnel
- You want an exception travel rewards card
- You don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
- You plan to spend at least $3,000 on your card within the first 3 months in order to secure a bonus of 30,000 points
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Review
The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a rewards credit card from Navy Federal Credit Union. Cardholders earn an impressive triple rewards points (3 points for every dollar spent) for travel purchases and double points – or 2 points for every dollar spent – on everything else. New cardholders also benefit from an exciting introductory offer of 30,000 bonus points when they spend $3,000 in purchases with their card in the first 90 days of opening an account. 30,000 points equate to $400 – enough for a flight, multiple nights in hotel stays, car rentals, or more.
The impressive perks with the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card continue, as cardholders also receive a one-time, up to $100 statement credit, which is applicable towards either a TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry application. This nice perk, as well as the lack of a foreign transaction fee, makes the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card an excellent option for a travel card.
The low APR available further increases the power of the Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards – with typical rates well below what is on offer from most traditional banks. For those with excellent credit scores, they can expect a purchase and balance transfer APR of around 12%, with typical APRs for those with very good credit getting interest rates up to 18%, though the actual rate will vary based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also features no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, and an annual fee of $49.
Navy Federal Credit Union credit cards are designed with America’s military in mind. Points earned through the Flagship Rewards program never expire, there’s no limit to the number of points that can be earned, and members have access to worldwide Travel Accident Insurance and global assistance. The Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card is consistently ranked as one of the best travel rewards credit cards out there, and it’s easy to see why.
Should You Apply for the Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Card?
Overall, the Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is a robust reward card that earns solid points on everything. While triple rewards points on travel is a great perk, it is the ability to earn double points on every other purchase that makes this card so unique. Many rewards credit cards earn multiple points in select categories and single points for everything else. Few cards, however, earn two points for every dollar spent.
The addition of no foreign transaction fees, a modest $49 per year annual fee, and the typical Visa Signature travel perks and protections make this a valuable addition to the wallet not only of the frequent traveler but anyone who wants to earn great rewards – no matter what the purchase.
Browse Other NFCU Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.