Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 6th, 2021
Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Credit Card
Earn 10K Bonus Points (a $100 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 8.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 8.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 10.99% to 20% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months
- Processing Network Visa
- 3X points at restaurants
- 2X points on gas
- 1X point on everything else
- No annual fee
- Earn 10,000 points (a $100 value) with a $1,000 spend within 90 days of opening an account
- Plus, get an introductory 1.99% APR on balance transfers for six months. Expires Nov. 1, 2021.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% introductory APR for 6 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 8.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 10.99% to 20% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, up to $1 for ATM Cash Advance
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
At a Glance
The Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Credit Card is a great rewards card that earns 3x points at restaurants, 2x points on gas, and 1x points for everything else. The card is an excellent option for those who are looking to earn handsome rewards for their everyday purchases, but don’t want to pay high-interest rates should they carry a balance. The card has no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and the comprehensive protections and member perks people have come to know and expect from a Visa Signature card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a member of the Naval Federal Credit Union
- Want to be rewarded for making everyday purchases
- Frequently purchase gasoline
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Want a special promotional APR on balance transfers and 10,000 bonus points.
The Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Card Review:
The Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Credit Card is a Visa rewards card designed with everyday spending in mind. The card earns 3 points for every dollar spent on purchases at restaurants, and one point for every dollar spent on gas purchases, and 1 point for every other dollar spent on the card.
The Navy Federal GO REWARDS Visa Card is the ideal credit card option for Navy personnel and their families who want rewards for their busy lifestyles. The ability to earn points – and a good amount of points – for dining out or filling up the tank at the gas station is a great perk that every family can appreciate. Points earned through the GO REWARDS program are applicable towards travel, merchandise, gift cards, or cashback.
As the Navy Federal GO REWARDS Card is a Visa, cardholders can expect the usual perks and protections commonly found with Visa Signature cards. Members have 24/7 access to Visa’s Signature Concierge service, helping with making dinner reservations (earning double points), booking tickets for the hottest events, or finding the ideal gifts. Members are also eligible for shopping and travel discounts through Visa, as well as protected when they travel by auto rental collision damage waivers, roadside dispatch, lost luggage reimbursement, and travel accident insurance.
With everyday use, cardholders with an excellent FICO credit score can expect a highly competitive APR that will easily beat what’s on offer from some of the larger lenders in the marketplace. Credit union credit cards – particularly federal credit union credit cards – are known for having lower interest rates, and the Navy Federal GO REWARDS Visa is no different. The card also features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and no fees for balance transfers or cash advances.
Should You Apply for the Navy Federal GO REWARDS® Card?
Overall, the Navy Federal GO REWARDS Card is an excellent option for those who frequently dine out, need to constantly fill up the car for commuting, road trips, or anything else, and want to earn impressive rewards without a high APR.