Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card
- 14.65% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.65% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.65% to 20.00% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card is an everyday rewards card from Navy Federal Credit Union. The card earns 3x points on gas station and grocery purchases, 2X points at restaurants, and 1X points for all their purchases. New account holders also receive 25,000 bonus points when they spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. The card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 25,000 points (a $250 value) when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of opening an account
- A great choice for everyday spending and grocery shopping
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Enjoy 0% APR on purchases for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.65% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.65% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16.65% to 20.00% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, up to $1 for ATM Cash Advance
- Penalty APR: 18.00%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- You're a member of Navy Federal Credit Union
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You want to earn rewards on everyday purchases
- You plan on making at least $3,000 in purchases within the first three months
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card Review
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card is a reward credit card from Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). The card earns points for everyday purchases, including triple points for purchases at supermarkets and gas stations (3X points for every dollar spent), double points (2X points for every dollar spent) at restaurants, and single points for all other purchases. New account holders also benefit from an impressive 25,000 bonus points when they make $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account.
Rewards earned through the More Rewards program are applicable towards travel, cash back awards, gift cards, and merchandise. The initial bonus offer has a value of around $250, making rewards points valued at $.01.
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card also offers exclusive member deals where cardholders can earn bonus points just for making purchases using their card online. All members need to do is log in to their account and select the retailer they wish to shop with – there are hundreds to choose from, including Staples, Apple, Walmart, Best Buy, and more. Cardholders can earn up to 15X points (or 15% cashback) for every dollar spent.
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card features competitive purchase and balance transfer APRs well below those offered by other major lenders, with those with exceptional credit getting interest rates of around 12%, though the exact rate will vary based on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees, no annual fees, and no fees for cash advances or balance transfers.
Should You Apply for the NavyFed More Rewards AMEX Card?
The More Rewards Amex is a reliable rewards card for Navy personnel and their families. The ability to earn triple points on gas and groceries and double points when dining out makes it a versatile tool for earning on everyday purchases.
The impressive sign-up bonus of 25,000 points is another nice feature, but only for those who plan to use the card to make at least $3,000 in purchases in first three months. Fortunately, the points-earning potential of the card (and especially the 3x points on groceries and gas purchases) makes it likely this target can be easily met.