Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- Choose your custom card design
- Free 24/7 online account access
- Quick pre-qualification with no impact to credit score
- Mastercard® Gold Benefits
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.9%
- Cash Advance APR: 29.9%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $0 during the first year; after first year, either $5 or 5% of the amount of transaction
- Penalty APR: 29.9%
- Annual Fee: $35 to $99
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
Designed for folks with less-than-stellar credit (or no credit at all), the Milestone Gold Mastercard credit card is issued by the Bank of Missouri. Featuring all the benefits of a Mastercard Gold Card at no extra cost, it allows customers to begin their credit journey with a valuable tool in their wallet.
A quick qualification process, custom card design, free online account access, and Mastercard® benefits – it’s easy to see why this card is a strong option for anyone who is looking to build, or repair, their credit history.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have low credit standing or who have not yet begun to their credit journey
- Wish to build or re-build their poor credit score
- Want a credit card that reports to the three major credit bureaus
- Prefer the freedom of an unsecured credit card over a secured card
Milestone Gold Mastercard Review
Milestone may not have the name recognition that larger credit card companies command, but with the power of Mastercard® behind the Milestone Gold card, you can see why this company is fast becoming a household name for applicants with less-than-perfect credit. Issued by the Bank of Missouri, applicants can pre-qualify easily.
This card is a straightforward, no-frills opportunity to build and repair credit; the Milestone Gold card will help you meet your everyday needs as you progress rebuilding your credit with powerful tools to manage spending. Plus, as an unsecured card, there’s no security deposit needed.
How to Apply for the Milestone Gold Mastercard®
There is no impact to your credit score when you apply for the Gold Mastercard from Milestone. Although you cannot do so over the phone or in person, you can apply online, and you’ll know if you’re eligible instantly thanks to a fast and easy application process. If you have any questions about your application process, Milestone has customer service representatives that can help – simply call 1-866-453-2636.
Who Can Qualify for the Milestone Gold Mastercard®?
In order to pre-qualify for the Milestone Gold card, you must be at least 18 years old. If you have requested pre-qualification within the last 60 days, you will not be able to apply, so plan accordingly if you are considering multiple card offers. Simply fill out and submit the online application and you’ll have an instant answer.
Your credit line will vary based on your credit score, and Milestone will review your information and assign a credit limit ($300 is the minimum for any account) once you’re approved. Make payments on time and you can graduate to better cards in the future.
Although this card is designed for people who have low credit scores or who have not yet established a credit profile, approval is not guaranteed. Milestone’s credit criteria are designed to help people who would like a credit card despite their credit standing (or lack thereof), but they cannot guarantee 100% approval.
Your pre-qualification request and application are reviewed closely to determine whether you meet the qualifications for this offer. After pre-qualification, your new card typically arrives within 14 business days of approval.
Milestone Gold Card Offers
There are different Milestone Gold card offers available for those who seek pre-approval. Based on your credit and other factors, you will be approved for one of the following offers – which all share the same interest rates – if you are approved for a Milestone card. The annual fee ranges from $35 up to $99 each year:
- First Option: Annual fee is $75 for the first year and $99 thereafter
- Second Option: $59 per year annual fee
- Third Option: Annual fee is $35
- Fourth Option: After a $25 account opening fee, the annual fee for the first year is $50 and will be $99 thereafter
Milestone Gold Mastercard Cardholder Benefits
Cardholders who demonstrate responsible financial behavior will soon see their credit score begin to rise, as Milestone will report card usage to the major credit bureaus each month. In order to maximize your credit score, make sure to pay your balance in full each month.
Since this card is for individuals who need to repair their credit or establish their credit profile, there are no rewards and no intro offers associated with this card. Those who do qualify for the Milestone Gold card will be delighted to discover that they’ll have free, 24/7 account access. Cardholders also have the ability to pay their bill online, too.
Additionally, each users can customize their card with several designs, so cardholders can show off a bit of their personality with their card. Milestone offers great dedicated resources to help cardholders navigate the world of building credit, too. The Milestone Gold card can be used towards cash advances (subject to credit approval) and purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
The Mastercard logo can be seen at more than 33 million locations, in 210 countries across the world. This is a big feather in the Milestone Gold Mastercard’s cap, as it’s not often that an unsecured card has this sort of purchasing power. For the Horizon Gold Card, for example, cardholders are limited to online transactions with the Horizon Outlet marketplace.
You’ll also enjoy all the Mastercard benefits that accompany this card offer. Mastercard benefits include:
- Identity theft resolutions services – Mastercard’s ID Theft Protection program includes an online monitoring dashboard (after activation), a monthly risk alert/newsletter, identity monitoring, resolution services, lost wallet assistance, single bureau credit monitoring (with TransUnion), Financial account takeover, and URL and domain monitoring.
- Extended warranty coverage
- Price protection
- Mastercard Global Service
- Mastercard Airport Concierge
These are all valuable tools that typically are not available with an unsecured credit card like this one.
Should You Apply for the Milestone Gold Mastercard® from the Bank of Missouri?
While the interest rates for the Milestone® Gold Mastercard® are somewhat high compared to other credit cards, they are still competitive if you are unable to qualify for a different card offer. The card’s annual fees are competitive, too. The Milestone card offer is designed for people who may not be able to qualify for other secured cards.
There are plenty of excellent secured credit cards that don’t charge an annual fee, but if you’re worried you may not qualify, the Milestone Gold Card is a useful tool for building credit. Many users who hold the credit card review their experience favorably.
At the end of the day, the Milestone® Gold Mastercard® is a great option for consumers who have less-than-perfect credit and are looking to beef up their credit score to qualify for a credit card offer with better terms and/or rewards. The pre-approval application process is quick and easy and can be completed in minutes online. Best of all, applying for this card will not result in a hard inquiry to your credit report.
The Mastercard benefits like Global Service and Airport Concierge also serve to set this card offer apart from its competitors. The card is a compelling option for those with a and credit score, similar to the Indigo Card from credit card issuer Celtic Bank. And, like the Indigo card, the Milestone credit card offers simple online payments, auto pay, and more, making it a great option to build credit without additional headaches.