Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 12th, 2021
Fort Bragg FCU Visa Credit Card
Great Low APR and No Hidden Charges
- Regular Purchase APR 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Great low APR
- No hidden charges
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 7.4% to 17% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $29
At a GlanceThe Fort Bragg FCU Visa is a low APR credit union credit card for members of the U.S. Armed forces, those living in and around Fort Bragg, North Carolina, and other eligible members of Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union. The card features a great variable APR for those with excellent credit scores, and no annual fee – or fees for balance transfers or cash advances.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are an active or retired member of the United States military
- Are more interested in an excellent APR than rewards
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Hate hidden fees
The Fort Bragg Visa Credit Card ReviewThe Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Visa Card is a reliable low APR credit card that gives members of our Armed Services and their families the purchasing power they need – and the low-interest rates they want.
The Benefits of Credit Union Credit CardsCredit union credit cards are different from card offerings from larger lenders, like Chase, because the credit unions themselves are far different than your typical national lenders. Credit unions, like Fort Bragg FCU, are not-for-profit institutions, meaning they are run by – and for – the members they serve. Since these unions operate as non-profits, any financial windfalls are passed directly on to members. These windfalls may come as lower APR or dividends but are always in the best interest of members.
The Fort Bragg FCU Visa Features a Low APRThe Fort Bragg Visa Credit Card features an exceptional APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. While the exact interest rate will likely vary (based on the applicant’s creditworthiness and the current Prime Rate), those with excellent credit scores can expect a regular APR almost half of the national average of 17%, while those with less-than-perfect scores can still expect an interest rate that is highly competitive with anything else offered elsewhere.
No Hidden FeesLike other credit union cards, the Fort Bragg FCU Visa Card doesn’t confuse holders with complex fee schedules or hidden charges. The card has no balance transfer or cash advance fees, no over-the0-limit fee, and no penalty APR. The Fort Bragg Visa also features no annual fees.
Things to Consider Before ApplyingWhile the card lacks many fees, that doesn’t mean there aren’t some important things to consider before applying. While there is no fee for balance transfers, there is also no 0% introductory APR period either, meaning any transfers you conduct will immediately accrue interest. Also, the card charges a foreign transaction fee of up to 1% of the transaction value in U.S. Dollars, meaning it may add additional costs when using it abroad. Fortunately, this is well-below the average foreign transaction fee of around 3%. Finally, be aware that the Fort Bragg FCU Visa Card does not offer rewards of any type. There are no points, no miles, no cash back. The focus of this card is offering credit union members a great APR and no hidden fees – and nothing else.
Fort Bragg FCU Membership RequirementsCredit unions often have specific requirements to become a member- especially with federal credit unions – and this is the case with the Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union. Fort Bragg FCU restricts membership to those who meet the following criteria:
- Most individuals who either live, work, attend school, or worship in Cumberland County, North Carolina
- Those who are active or retired members of the United States Armed Forces
- Members of the Braxton Bragg Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Individuals who regularly work on Fort Bragg base
- Immediate family members of any of the individuals listed above