What Is USAA?
USAA stands for the United States Automotive Association. The company, based in San Antonio, Texas, offers a diverse range of financial services for its more than 12 million members across the United States. These services include insurance, banking, investments, and credit cards.
USAA, which began with just 25 members in 1924, is now a Fortune 500 company, with over $30 billion in revenue each year. USAA is also one of the largest credit card issuers in the U.S. The company currently has more than 8 million credit cards in circulation as of 2020.
Who Can Join USAA?
Membership with USAA is open to the United States military members and their families. The company welcomes those who serve, whether active duty, guard or reserve, or a veteran. This also includes midshipmen and cadets, plus officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning. All branches are welcome, including the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserves.
Family members of the above listed are also eligible for membership. This includes widows and widowers, as well as un-remarried ex-spouses of USAA members. Membership with USAA is free of charge.
Benefits of USAA Credit Cards
USAA Credit cards enjoy an extensive array of perks, benefits, and protection from the bank, as well as Visa and American Express. These benefits include:
- No annual fees
- Travel accident insurance
- Trip cancellation and trip Interruption protection
- Baggage delay reimbursement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Extended warranty protection
- USAA Concierge
- ID theft resolution
- Car Buying Discounts: USAA members receive exclusive discounts when purchasing new or used cars via the USAA Car Buying Service.
- Car Rentals: Up to 25% savings with partners like Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz.
- Travel Discounts: Members receive price matching on cruises, hotels, resorts, and vacation packages booked with USAA.
- Shopping Rewards and Discounts: Exclusive shopping discounts with hundreds of retailers, including savings on shipping, storage, and moving services.
USAA Credit Cards and Reviews
The Best USAA Credit Cards of 2020
Looking for the best USAA credit cards? Here are our favorite card options, including the best for:
- Dining and gas rewards: USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card
- Cash back: USAA® Cashback Rewards Plus American Express® Card
- Balance transfers: USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
- Active personnel: USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Browse the Best Credit Cards
Trying to find a credit card is tough. With thousands of options available, it can seem impossible to separate the good from the bad. At BestCards.com, we know how hard it can be to find the perfect credit card – that’s why we offer comprehensive reviews of credit cards of all shapes and sizes.
We have over 800 credit card reviews covering issuers, both large and small. Check out our reviews, learn with our great credit card news and advice resources, including tips to build your credit score quickly. Browse our reviews, learn from our industry experts, and find your best card today!