Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 11th, 2022
Birch Lane Mastercard
Birch Lane Mastercard
5% BACK in Rewards at Wayfair
- Regular Purchase APR 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 5% back in Rewards at Wayfair brands
- 3% back at grocery stores
- 2% back on online purchase outside of Wayfair brands
- 1% back on all other purchases
- No interest financing if paid in full up to 24 months on qualifying orders
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S. Dollar amount of each purchase
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Birch Lane Mastercard® provides the ideal tool for costly design projects, thanks to up to 5% back on purchases with all five Wayfair websites, special 0% APR financing on eligible Wayfair purchases, and more – all for $0 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Birch Lane or other Wayfair brands
- Want to earn 5% back on Wayfair purchases, 3% back on groceries, and 2% back online
- Prefer access to special financing for larger purchases over 5% back
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Birch Lane Mastercard® Review
The Birch Lane Mastercard® is a retail credit card from Wayfair brand Birch Lane. The no annual fee credit card provides cardholders up to 5% cash with Wayfair’s brands and 3% back elsewhere.
Earn 5% Cash Back on Purchases with Wayfair Brands
The Birch Lane Mastercard® offers cardholders one of two special offers with the home furnishings brand. Cardholders can opt to earn up to 5% cash back rewards on purchases with Birch Lane or other Wayfair websites or select special 24 months of no interest financing on eligible purchases.
The 5% cash back at Wayfair is an excellent offer, with eligible sites including:
The 24-month financing option is somewhat mundane (special financing is typically found with most co-branded store cards) but offers financial wiggle-room when completing interior design projects. That 0% APR offer only applies if the balance is paid, in full, before the end special financing window, however.
Earn Additional Cash Back on Select Categories
The Wayfair savings with the Birch Lane Mastercard® are the same as the closed-loop Birch Lane Store Credit Card, with the big difference being that the open-loop Mastercard provides savings outside of Birch Lane’s online store.
Cardholders earn 3% on groceries and 2% on online purchases made outside of Wayfair sites, plus 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide. The triple cash back with groceries is excellent – as is the double cash rewards with online purchases.
New Accounts Bonus
New card accounts enjoy $50 off their first order of $150 or more. This introductory offer provides quality (and easy-to-reach) value.
Keep in mind that the introductory offer cannot be combined with any other Wayfair financing offers or discounts. Additional prohibitions may also apply for select manufacturers, gift cards, and purchases made with a Wayfair Professional profile.
How to Redeem Rewards with Wayfair
Redeeming cash back rewards with the Birch Lane Mastercard® is fairly easy. Cash back rewards equal Wayfair rewards points, with 1% cash back equal to one point. Birch Lane cardholders can redeem their rewards towards qualifying purchases at Wayfair websites.
Rewards with the card are redeemable at a rate of 200 points for $6 in goods. Rewards are limited to $2,500 in Wayfair Credit Card Reward Dollars per month. Wayfair points never expire – a great feature since normal Wayfair Rewards members have points expire three months after they are earned.
Wayfair Financing Plans
The Birch Lane Mastercard comes with special Wayfair financing plans on select purchases. This option is applicable on select purchases for up to two years:
- 6-month financing on orders over $99
- 12-month financing on orders over $499
- 18-month financing on orders over $1499
- 24-month financing on orders over $2999
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the Birch Lane credit card include:
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability
- Mastercard Global Service
- ID Theft Protection
- Mobile wallet compatibility
- EMV chip and contactless payment technology
Should You Apply for the Birch Lane Mastercard® Credit Card?
The Birch Lane Mastercard offers 5% back on Wayfair purchases (including Wayfair, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, AllModern, and Perigold, plus 3% back on groceries and 2% back on all other eligible online purchases outside of Wayfair. That rewards rate is exceptional and makes Citi’s Wayfair credit card lineup among design-minded consumers among the best rewards credit cards.
The addition of special financing is another great perk with the card. This 0% APR financing applies for up to 24 months (on purchases of $2999 or more) and can help offset initial project costs – making DIY that much more streamlined.
Overall, the Birch Lane Mastercard hits all of the right notes and would be an excellent addition to the wallet of any DIY fanatic that also likes to dabble in design.
The information related to Birch Lane Mastercard® has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.