Bethpage Mastercard® Be You Rewards Credit Card
25,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Fair
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 25,000 promotional points when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of opening your account
- 3X points for every $1 spent in one category of your choice
- 2X points for every $1 spent on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- No balance transfer fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 22.15%
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The Bethpage Mastercard® Be You Rewards Credit Card is Bethpage Financial Credit Union’s only rewards card. Card members earn 2 points for every dollar spent. Additionally, Bethpage allows cardholders to choose one category where they can earn 3 points for every dollar they spend. This personalized approach to rewards, along with no fees on balance transfers and foreign transactions, really allows you to “be you.”
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want double points on all purchases
- Like to customize their rewards program
- Want to earn 25,000 points for spending $3,000 in the first 90 days
- Don’t want to pay balance transfer fees or foreign transaction fees
Bethpage Mastercard® Be You Rewards Credit Card Review
The Bethpage Be You Rewards card allows cardholders to tailor their rewards program to fit their spending habits, making it unique among credit card rewards program. Cardholders can also benefit from no balance transfer fees and no foreign transaction fees. Keep reading to learn more about this card’s unique features.
Rewards That Let You Be You
The Be You Mastercard isn’t just a catchy-sounding credit card. Bethpage Financial Credit Union really believes in letting cardholders be themselves while racking up rewards points. Because of this, Bethpage allows cardholders to customize how they earn points on this credit card.
Many credit cards have predetermined categories that earn cardholders more points than others. For instance, you may earn twice the points on purchases made at a particular retailer. That’s not that case with the Be You card. Cardholders have the freedom to choose a category that earns them 3 times the points on their purchases. Categories include the following:
- Restaurants and bars
- Taxis, limousines, and car services
What’s more, cardholders earn 2 points for every dollar spent on all other purchases. So, regardless of what your preferred category is, you can be guaranteed that you’ll be earning points any time you use your Be You Rewards card.
Earn 25,000 Bonus Points
Cardholders can earn 25,000 points within the first 3 months of opening a Be You Rewards Mastercard® account. All they must do is spend $3,000 within the first 90 days from the date of opening an account to qualify for these bonus points. This is a super deal, as this promotion means that cardholders can earn over 8 points for every dollar they spend within this promotional period.
No Fees on Select Transactions
While Bethpage charges a $95 annual fee to use the Be You Rewards Card, it does waive some fees that are common with some other credit cards. There are no fees for balance transfers, which is great if you’d like to transfer a balance from a higher-interest credit card. If you love traveling the world, you’ll be glad to know that this credit card charges no foreign transaction fees. These two perks can be uncommon with smaller credit unions, so this is something to definitely take into account when considering opening a credit card with Bethpage.
Should You Apply for the Bethpage Mastercard® Be You Rewards Credit Card
The Bethpage Be You Rewards Card is a good card to have if you are looking for a customizable rewards card that lets you earn points on the things you purchase the most. Three times the points on your selected purchase category plus two times the points on every other purchase make this an attractive rewards card current Bethpage customers who are considering a rewards card. The 25,000 point bonus is also an appealing draw as it translates to over eight points for every dollar you spend within the first 90 days of opening an account.
One drawback to this rewards program if you are thinking of applying for this card is that there is no way of determining the value of points until you actually become a cardholder. This means that you cannot see how many points you need to cash in to get a gift card, merchandise, or a travel voucher. This makes it difficult to gauge whether the rewards are worth the $95 annual fee. In short, applicants take a gamble when applying for this card.
No fees on foreign transactions and bank transfers means that you can end up keeping more money in your pocket, but there are other rewards cards that waive these and other fees. If you are really set on having a rewards credit that you can tailor to your spending habits, then this is the card for you. Otherwise, it might be best to explore other Bethpage credit cards or credit cards from other issuers.