Bethpage Mastercard® Cash Back Credit Card
Low APR, No Annual Fee, No Balance Transfer Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 2.99% to 4.99% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 0.50% cash back on month-end purchase balances between $1.00 and $4,000
- Earn 1% cash back on net purchases over $4,000
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 2.99% to 4.99% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 2.99% to 4.99% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.15% to 22.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 22.15%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance:
The Bethpage Mastercard Cash Back Credit Card is this credit union’s only credit card option that provides cardholders with cash back for each purchase that they make. Cardholders also benefit from no annual fee in addition to no balance transfer fees and no fees on foreign transactions. Keep reading for more information on this card’s features.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn cash back whenever they use their credit card
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Don’t want to pay fees for cash advances and foreign transactions
Bethpage Mastercard Cash Back Credit Card Review
The Bethpage Mastercard Cash Back is a great option for customers of Bethpage Financial Credit Union who are looking for a way to earn cash back on their purchases. This credit card also features no annual fee and no foreign transaction or balance transfer fees. Furthermore, cardholders can take advantage of a low introductory APR.
Cash Back on All Your Purchases
As its name implies, the Cash Back Mastercard allows cardholders to earn cash back on all their purchases. Bethpage calculates your total purchases for the month and calculates your cash back based on that number. Bethpage issues 0.50% cash back on your total purchases at the end of each monthly billing cycle. This applies to total monthly purchases between $1.00 and $4,000. So, if you spent $2,000 with your Mastercard this month, you can expect to earn around $10 for that month. The payoff is even bigger when you spend more than $4,000 in a month. Instead of earning 0.50% cash back, cardholders can earn 1% cash back. In other words, if you spend $5,000 in one month with your Cash Back Card, you will earn $50. The one downside to this credit card is that you cannot receive your cash back at will. Many rewards programs allow you to cash in your points for cash back (or other rewards) whenever you want. Bethpage, on the other hand, distributes a rebate only once a year in November. It schedules the disbursement around this time to give cardholders extra cash for the holidays. However, this can be annoying if you want access to your cash back on your own schedule.
Keep More of Your Money with No Fees
There is no annual fee involved with using the Bethpage Mastercard Cash Back. This is a draw as many types of rewards cards, including cash back credit cards, charge fees. Additionally, cardholders never have to pay balance transfer fees, which many other issuers charge, especially smaller credit unions. If you love to travel, you’ll be interested in knowing that Bethpage never charges a foreign transaction fee for using your Cash Back card internationally. You can explore the world and bring back plenty of gifts without worrying about extra fees.
A Low Introductory APR
One of the best advantages of applying for a Bethpage Cash Back card is its low introductory interest rate. For the first 12 months after opening a new account, cardholders can enjoy an APR that is up to 20 percentage points lower than the regular interest rate. This special introductory offer applies to purchases, balance transfers, and convenience checks. The introductory APR has a two-point range, so there isn’t too huge of a variable to worry about when trying to predict what your interest rate will be.
Should You Apply for the Bethpage Mastercard Cash Back Credit Card?
The Bethpage Cash Back Mastercard may be a good choice for you if you are interested in receiving cash back on your purchases. However, the fact that this credit union only disburses cardholders’ cash back once a year can be frustrating if you are looking to access those funds anytime you want.
This is the only Bethpage credit card with a cash back option, as its Rewards Card only offers points to redeem for gift cards, merchandise, and travel credits. Other issuers may offer rewards cards with cash back options. Furthermore, there are other credit cards that allow cardholders more flexibility in accessing their cash back rewards.
If Bethpage’s rigid disbursement policy is giving you second thoughts, you might want to consider another issuer. This really is an idea card for people who want to pay off a balance from a higher interest credit card, as the introductory APR range is very competitive. If you are looking to make some large purchases that you intend to pay off in 12 months, this card might also be a good fit for you. However, you should pay off the balance in full before the promotional period expires, as interest rates can spike considerably after 12 months.