| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa®
Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa®
- 20.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa is a cash back rewards card for members of the Beta Gamma Sigma international business honor society. The card earns 3% cash back on coffee shop, fast food, and rideshare purchases, 2% back on gas and dining, and 1% everywhere else. New cardmembers also get 1.99% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first six months and the benefit of no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- 3% cash back at coffee shops, fast food, and ride shares
- 2% unlimited cash back on dining and gas
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 32.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You're a proud member of Beta Gamma Sigma
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You don’t mind paying foreign transaction fees
- You want to earn great cash back rewards
Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa Review
The Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Card from Commerce Bank is a rewards card that lets you show your BGS pride with every purchase. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), founded in 1913, is the international business honor society for AACSB-accredited colleges and universities. BGS members represent some of the most successful business professionals in the world, including Nobel Prize winners, Olympians, entrepreneurs, inventors, governmental leaders, and academics.
The Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa, like many other Commerce Bank credit card products, earns 3% cash back on rideshares, fast food, and coffee shop purchases; 2% back on gas station and restaurant purchases; and a flat-rate 1% back on everything else. There are no caps on the number of rewards an account holder can earn, and points are redeemable as gift cards, merchandise, travel, and more.
The Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa offers an introductory interest rate of 1.99% for the first six months on purchases and balance transfers, followed by an APR which closely mirrors the national average of around 17% (though the exact rate varies depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant and the current prime rate). The card also has no annual fee – another nice feature.
Should You Apply for the Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa Card?
The Beta Gamma Sigma Rewards Visa is a decent rewards card that appeals to a very select niche. While it clearly isn’t aimed at anyone other than BGS members, the card is still a pretty good option for those who want to showcase their BGS-pride. If, however, you aren’t a BGS member, you probably can find better options available elsewhere. After all, why would you want a credit card emblazoned with the logo of an organization of which you aren’t even a member?
Browse Other Commerce Bank Credit Cards:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.