Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Bank of Missouri Secured Visa® Card
Ideal for Building or Rebuilding Credit
- Enjoy extended warranty coverage, auto rental collision damage waiver coverage, and zero fraud liability
- Credit limit of up to $5,000
- Carry a balance while earning interest on your secured savings account
- Travel assistance comes to the rescue when unfortunate events happen
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $35
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars; 3% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Minimum Deposit Required: $300
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
For those looking to build or rebuild their credit history, the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri provides them the opportunity to improve their financial standing while allowing the convenience of a traditional credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are building or want to begin rebuilding your credit history
- Want to practice budgeting your finances through a self-set credit limit
- Want a secured credit card that bears the respected Visa name
Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri Review
If you’re just starting to put together the building blocks of your financial reputation, you may want to consider the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri.
As a secured credit card, it requires you to submit a deposit as collateral (minimum $300, maximum $5,000). Though you’re limited by your own funds, this structure is a great way to learn how to budget and spend wisely.
The Secured Visa® Card does not feature the same number of perks as higher profile unsecured credit cards, but it still provides you with a variety of useful benefits. You’ll have access to extended warranty coverage for your purchases, as well as collision damage protection for auto rentals.
If your Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri card is lost or stolen and used fraudulently, you won’t be held responsible for said purchases, and for added security, you can take advantage of the Verified by Visa service when shopping online.
Should You Apply for the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri?
Secured credit card offers aren’t for good credit. These credit cards provide fixed interest rates, basic credit card protections, and the ability to build your credit score with on-time payments.
The Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri does just this. The card offers regular reporting monthly to all three major credit bureaus: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. Through good financial habits, you’ll have better luck when applying for a credit card that offers lower APR, rewards points, or 0% intro APR.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information on bad credit and secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history.