| Last updated on November 13th, 2023
Bank of Missouri Secured Visa® Card
Bank of Missouri Secured Visa® Card
- 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Enjoy extended warranty coverage, auto rental collision damage waiver coverage, and zero fraud liability
- Credit limit of up to $5,000
- Carry a balance while earning interest on your secured savings account
- Travel assistance comes to the rescue when unfortunate events happe
- Regular Purchase APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars; 3% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Minimum Deposit Required: $300
At a Glance
For those looking to build or rebuild their credit history, the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri provides them the opportunity to improve their financial standing while allowing the convenience of a traditional credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are building or want to begin rebuilding your credit history
- Want to practice budgeting your finances through a self-set credit limit
- Want a secured credit card that bears the respected Visa name
Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri Review
If you’re just starting to put together the building blocks of your financial reputation, you may want to consider the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri.
As a secured credit card, it requires you to submit a deposit as collateral (minimum $300, maximum $5,000). Though you’re limited by your own funds, this structure is a great way to learn how to budget and spend wisely.
The Secured Visa® Card does not feature the same number of perks as higher profile unsecured credit cards, but it still provides you with a variety of useful benefits. You’ll have access to extended warranty coverage for your purchases, as well as collision damage protection for auto rentals.
If your Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri card is lost or stolen and used fraudulently, you won’t be held responsible for said purchases, and for added security, you can take advantage of the Verified by Visa service when shopping online.
Should You Apply for the Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri?
Secured credit card offers aren’t for good credit. These credit cards provide fixed interest rates, basic credit card protections, and the ability to build your credit score with on-time payments.
The Secured Visa® Card from The Bank of Missouri does just this. The card offers regular reporting monthly to all three major credit bureaus: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. Through good financial habits, you’ll have better luck when applying for a credit card that offers lower APR, rewards points, or 0% intro APR.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information on bad credit and secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history.
Browse Other Secured Cards:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.