Wells Fargo Rewards® Card
0% Intro APR for 15 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months
- Processing Network Visa
- Ern 3x points on popular categories and 1x points on all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR for 15 month on purchases and balance transfers
- Flexibility to use points toward travel, gift cards, merchandise, cash redemption, and more
- Account protection features such as Zero Liability for promptly reported unauthorized transactions, rapid alerts , cell phone protection
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 120 days from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction converted to U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Rewards Card is a decent reward credit card for those that want a no-fuss rewards card with a solid introductory period. The card earns 5x points on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases for the first six months of opening an account. , and a single point for every dollar spent after that – points that are valid for five years. Cardholders also receive 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months, all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently spent on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases
- Want a lengthy 15-month 0% intro APR period for purchases and balance transfers
- Want a card good for paying down existing balances
Wells Fargo Rewards Card Review
The Wells Fargo Rewards Card is ideal for those who want to earn valuable points with flexible redemption options. For the first six months after opening an account, cardholders can get 5x rewards points for up to $12,500 spent on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases. They receive 1x points on all other purchases.
New account holders also benefit from no annual fee, as well as a special 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months, which is an impressive bonus few other reward cards can match. Typically, rewards cards offer an intro APR period of between 6 to 12 months, making 15 months with the Wells Fargo Rewards Card particularly appealing.
One downside to the impressive point-earning potential of the card is that points expire in five years. Another downside is that, unlike the Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card, cardholders don’t receive additional value on airfare awards. The Visa Signature earns an additional 50% on those redemptions, whereas the Rewards Card does not.
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Rewards Card?
The Wells Fargo Rewards Card offers holders robust benefits and a quality introductory APR offer – all for no annual fee. The ability to earn 5x reward points on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases for the first six months is very impressive, but the card lacks the 50% additional reward redemption value of the Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card.
The Visa Signature Card and the Wells Fargo Rewards Card are essentially the same, meaning this reduced value for travel redemptions can be disheartening. Fortunately, however, the Rewards Card has a lower typical APR than the Visa Signature, meaning that those who plan to carry a balance after the 0% intro APR period finishes may find a better value with this version, rather than the Visa Signature.