Last updated on April 11th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa®
State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa®
- 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 18 months Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® is a low APR credit card designed for those who want a competitive APR for everyday living. The card offers an impressive introductory offer of 0% APR for 18 months on both balance transfers and purchases, followed by a highly competitive typical APR after that for those with exceptional credit. The card also benefits from no annual fees, as well as the full complement of purchase and fraud protection you’d expect from Visa.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 months
- Up to $600 in cell phone protectio
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months for balances transferred within 60 days from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 5% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each foreign transactio
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
- You want a 0% intro APR on both balance transfers and purchases for 18 months
- You plan on carrying a balance on your card
State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa®Terms & Conditions
U.S. Bank State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® Review
The State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® is a low APR credit card from U.S. Bank that is geared towards those that want a competitive APR for every purchase they make. The card features an enticing introductory offer of 0% APR for the first 18 months on both balance transfers and payments, and then a very competitive APR for those with exceptional credit after that.
The low APR of the State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® makes it an excellent choice for those that are looking for a simple, straightforward credit card and plan to carry a balance. It’s also a great option not only for those who want to use the card to make balance transfers within the first year of membership but also for those who may want to make a balance transfer further down the line as well.
While the card does charge foreign transfer fees, unlike some other similar cards, it really shouldn’t put people off, because this isn’t the type of card generally used for the globetrotters out there. Rather, the State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® is designed for occasional use and for maintaining a balance where needed, not buying an Americano under the Eiffel Tower.
The card also benefits from no annual fees and a suite of features and protections from Visa. These benefits include comprehensive account fraud monitoring, identity theft protection, Apple Pay integration, and auto rental collision damage protection. And while the State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® may not be a travel rewards card, if you do plan to use it while exploring, Visa offers 24/7 emergency travel assistance and $250,000 in travel insurance.
Should You Apply for the State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® from U.S. Bank?
Overall, the State Farm® Good Neighbor Visa® from U.S. Bank is a decent credit card for those who have a policy with State Farm and want a card with 0% introductory APR. That zero-interest period extends for the first year and a half and applies to both purchases and balance transfers – a great feature. While the card offers very little beyond that intro period, the interest rates are competitive, making it great everyday credit card. Still, other U.S. Bank and State Farm cards offer better rewards and equally enticing rates, so might make for a better choice. Other low APR, 0% intro APR, and cards (that also offer credit line increases) include offers from major banks, such as the Chase Slate Edge, the Citi Simplicity® Card and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.
The information related to Citi Simplicity Card and Citi Diamond Preferred Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.