Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 18th, 2021
KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card
Get up to a 50% Monthly Points Bonus
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases with no caps
- Spend at least $1,000 per calendar month and you’ll earn a 25% monthly points bonus
- Spend at least $2,000 per calendar month and you’ll earn a 50% monthly points bonus
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $10 on each overdraft protection transfer
At a Glance
Earn points, get flexible redeeming options, and take advantage of an introductory 0% APR offer on purchases and balance transfers with the KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a rewards credit card
- Can confidently meet monthly spending requirements in order to earn bonus points
- Want a credit card with an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want flexibility when redeeming accumulated rewards
KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card Review
The KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card is a rewards credit card designed give you ample opportunities to earn points through the Key2More Rewards program. As soon as you become a cardholder, you can earn five points per $1 on most purchases via the KeyBank Rewards® Program.
Only transactions such as cash advances, overdraft protection transfers, or balance transfers are ineligible for points. In addition, as is the case with most rewards cards available today, you can net a significant boost when you meet a time-sensitive spending requirement. For this card, the challenge is $500 in exchange for 50,000 points.
While you’d naturally earn more points if you increase your spending, the KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card takes that mentality and multiplies it. Specifically, if you spend at least $1,000 each calendar month, you’ll earn 25% more points.
To up the ante, spend at least $2,000 each month, and you’ll earn 50% more points. Naturally, you shouldn’t try to reach those numbers if it means you’ll fall deeply into debt that you can’t repay in full. Audit your spending habits beforehand in order to get a better idea of how your hunt for more points will affect you in the long run.
In addition to earning rewards points, the KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card is also appealing for its introductory 0% APR offer. The promotion applies to purchases and balance transfers, and it’s good for six interest-free months. Astute customers can take advantage and make a meaty purchase within that timeframe in order to not only pay it off over time without additional finance charges but also to earn the signup bonus and the 50% bonus after spending at least $2,000 in one month.
If security is one of your top concerns, this card features a locking function that allows you to temporarily freeze activity from posting to your account in case it’s lost. Under this restriction, the card can still be used to make payments on expenses like monthly bills, but new purchases will not be authorized.
Other notable characteristics about the KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card are contactless chip technology for quick touchless payments and no annual fee.
Should You Apply for the KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card?
The KeyBank Key2More Rewards® Credit Card earns lots of points with no cap on the total number of points wearable. The 5X points on every purchase are great, but its the no annual fee that’s the real winner here.
After all, points are only as good as the rewards you can redeem them for – and any card that offers 5X points for no annual fee is offering you cut-rate value for your rewards. That said, the 5X points till provide enough value to match with any other comparable card that provides 2X points or 2% cash back, so there’s plenty of value for KeyBank customers.