Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 26th, 2021
KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card
Earn Unlimited Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 10 points per $1 in combined purchases on gas, restaurants, travel, and telecommunications
- Earn 5 points per $1 in other eligible purchases
- Earn 100,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 within the first 60 days from opening an account
- Introductory 0% APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39 per cycle
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
Please Note: This review is in the process of being updated by the BestCards team
At a Glance
A step above a traditional business credit card, the KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard is a smart choice for proprietors who need more purchasing power and also want to get rewarded as they cover costs.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own or operate a business
- Want a credit card that gives back as you use it
- Want a points-based rewards program with an appealing signup bonus
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Bank with KeyBank already
- Can take advantage of an introductory 0% APR offer for either purchases or balance transfers
KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card Review
The KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard is a more robust version of KeyBank’s Business Mastercard®, boosted by a rewards program that earns points on practically every purchase. With this card you earn 5 points per $1 spent on all eligible purchases (cash advances, balance transfers, and similar transactions are considered ineligible). However, certain shopping categories are worth double. When you make purchases on gas, travel, telecommunications, and at restaurants, you’ll earn 10 points per $1. Since these are common expenses for almost every company, you’re likely to benefit from the heightened earning rate. In addition, new cardholders are offered a signup bonus of 100,000 points if they spend at least $1,000 within the first 60 days of having an account.
However, while those rates look significantly higher than what competing rewards programs have in place, the true comparison should be made after determining how much those points are worth. For example, if you’re awarded this card’s signup bonus of 100,000 points, you’ll be able to redeem them for $200. After doing the math, that would put the value of a single point at $0.002. Many other card issuers value their rewards points at around $0.1 apiece, meaning you’d need a much higher points tally with KeyBank to reap the same amount of rewards.
Points are not the only reason why you might consider the KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard®, though. Beside the signup bonus, new customers who open an account are also granted an introductory 6-month grace period at 0% APR. This offer is good for both purchases and balance transfers, thus giving you multiple opportunities to save money down the road. You could move a balance on which you’re paying a higher APR and erase it at no extra cost, or you might get through a costly business expense that will take a few months to pay off and will require you to carry a balance.
Should You Apply for the KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card?
While it’s not the most enticing horse in the business credit card stable, the KeyBank Business Rewards Mastercard® can give you the necessary financial boost to take care of overhead or advance your company’s goals forward. Plus, the card has no annual fee, which gives it a leg up over similar cards that offer rewards programs.