| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Key Cashback Credit Card
Key Cashback Credit Card
- 22.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 22.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
At a Glance
For anyone who wants a no-frills, easy-to-use cash back credit card, the Key Cashback Credit Card from Keybank is likely the perfect fit. When you bank with Keybank, you’ll save 2% on all purchases, and you can earn a special one-time $100 introductory bonus after you spend $500 in purchases within the first 60 days.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and 2% cash back when you bank and save with Key
- Earn a $100 cash back bonus when you spend $500 or more in the first 60 days of opening your account
- No annual fee
- Enjoy a balance transfer APR of 0% for the first twelve months as an introductory offer
- Regular Purchase APR: 22.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 22.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $10 Overdraft Protection Fee
- You already bank with Keybank
- You want a card with no annual fees and 0% introductory APR
- You will maximize your rewards potential by using your card often to earn up to 2% cash back
- You will spend $500 in the first 60 days of opening your account to qualify for the $100 bonus
Key Cashback Credit Card Review
Cash back credit cards are very popular, and there are a lot of options to choose from – how do you decide which is best? The Key Cashback Credit Card is designed with you in mind; with a great introductory bonus offer, low APR, and no annual fees, you’ll start saving – even when you spend.
Earn Up to 2% Back
Cardholders can earn up to 2% cash back with every purchase, when they bank directly with Keybank. To qualify for 2% cash back, you must have an active KeyBank checking account with $1,000 or more in deposits each month, and a savings or investment account with a minimum daily balance of $1,000 with the bank. Those who don’t will still see a hefty cashback bonus of 1.5% for every purchase they make with their card.
Consolidating your banking will save you plenty in the long run, but Keybank knows that not everyone will bank with them, so this is a generous offer. Additionally, cardholders can qualify for a special bonus of $100 cash back, by spending $500 or more within the first 60 days of opening their account.
A Competitive APR and Bonus 0% APR Offer
While the Key Cashback Credit Card doesn’t have an inordinately high APR for purchases, it still can vary depending on your creditworthiness and variable based on the Prime Rate and the market, but those with excellent credit can expect an interest rate around 14%. There is an introductory balance transfer APR offer, though: for the first 12 billing cycles, you’ll be subject to a 0% APR on balance transfers that are completed within the first sixty days of account opening.
Other Card Features
Another way Keybank helps you save with the Key Cashback Credit Card: there is no annual fee to offset the cash rewards you earn! This may be slightly mitigated if you use your card abroad, as there is a nominal foreign transaction fee. Redeem your cash back as a statement credit, pay yourself back for the purchases you’ve made, or direct deposit your rewards into a KeyBank checking or savings account – the choice is yours.
Should You Apply for the Key Cashback Credit Card?
All in all, the Key Cashback Credit Card is a great fit for someone who already banks with Keybank, or who is planning to open a checking and/or savings account with them. Granted, in order to maximize the rewards you earn with this card, you need to have an open account – but there are still great rewards available even if you don’t.
Browse Other Keybank Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.