Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- Regular Purchase APR 17.24% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.24% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- $100 Instacart credit upon approval
- Earn 5% back on Instacart app and Instacart.com purchases
- Earn 5% back on travel purchased through the Chase Travel Center
- Earn 2% back on restaurants, gas stations, and on select streaming services
- Earn 1% back on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.24% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.24% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Instacart Mastercard® is a cash back card that offers big savings on food and grocery deliveries. The no annual fee credit card from Chase earns 5% back on Instacart purchases, offers one-year free ofInstacart+ membership, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Get their groceries or food delivered through Instacart
- Have wanted to try out Instacart+
- Want a $100 Instacart credit to start chowing down today
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Instacart Mastercard® Review
Instacart+ Welcome Offer
New cardmembers with the Instacart Mastercard from Chase enjoy one free year of Instacart+ (a $99 value). Instacart+ provides additional savings for members on more than 800 national, regional, and local retail brands from more than 70,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities.
These enhanced savings include free delivery on all purchases over $35 and lower service fees on orders. Instacrt+ members also earn 5% back on pickup orders, potentially raising the cash back with the Instacart Card to 9% back.
New accounts also earn a $100 Instacart credit upon approval – letting them load up on savings (and nachos) from the first purchase.
How to Earn Rewards
The Instacart Mastercard prioritizes cash back savings with the Instacart brand – but provides versatile rewards across multiple categories. Here is how to earn cash back rewards with the credit card:
- 5% cash back on Instacart purchases
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through the Chase Travel Center
- 2% cash back on restaurants, gas stations, and select streaming services
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
There are no caps on the reward categories nor caps on the total amount of rewards earnable. Points never expire, provided the cardmember account is open and in good standing.
The 5% back on Instacart.com and Instacart app purchases is a great earning rate – and on par with other grocery cards from the issuer. The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature – also from Chase – earns 5% back on groceries through Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Markets, for instance.
The Amazon Card offers 5% back on Amazon.com purchases, offering access to millions of deals at that accelerated rewards rate. While Instacart can’t provide that sheer volume of inventory to cardmembers, the app includes more than 800 national, regional, and local retail brands from more than 70,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities.
The biggest difference between the two cards is adding 5% back on Chase Travel purchases with the Instacart Mastercard. This feature is usually tied to Chase’s proprietary credit cards (the Freedom and Sapphire families, most notably). Still, its addition here is welcome news for takeaway or delivery fans – and booking vacations through travel portals.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Redeeming rewards, like earning, is simple and streamlined with the Instacart Mastercard. Cardmembers can redeem their rewards as cash back as a direct deposit or a statement credit. Or book reward travel through the Chase Travel Center. The Center provides various redemption options, including flights, car rentals, and hotels.
Chase states that Instacart Mastercard cardmembers will eventually have the ability to use rewards to Pay with Points on Instacart purchases. This feature is currently not available.
Other Card Features
As mentioned, the Instacart Mastercard provides World Elite Mastercard benefits and protections. These benefits include the following:
|Zero Liability Protection||Airport Concierge||Cell Phone Protection|
|Mastercard Global Services||Priceless Experiences||Lyft Credits|
|ID Theft Protection||Priceless Golf||DoorDash Offer|
|Mastercard Travel Services||ShopRunner Membership||Hello Fresh Savings|
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee||Fandango Savings|
JPMorgan Chase Card Ratings
How does the card stack up? Here is a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JPMorgan Chase as a bank:
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
Should You Apply for the Instacart Mastercard®?
Overall, the Instacart Mastercard from Chase offers a lot to love. The 5% cash back rewards are generous, as is the addition of Chase Travel to the 5% back bonus tier. And while the Instacart+ membership benefit ends after year one, the $99 annual charge (should cardmembers opt to continue) is fair for the value on offer.
The 5% back on travel and the $99 Instacart+ membership charge (should cardholders continue to use the service) place the card in the same realm as the Chase Sapphire Preferred. That card, which features a $95 annual fee, earns 5X points on travel through Chase Travel and 3X points on rideshare and meal delivery services, like Instacart. Given the love that card receives, it’s easy to see a bright future for the Instacart Mastercard and Chase.