Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa® Card
Students Can Earn Cash Back Rewards
- No annual fee
- 3% cash rebate on gas, grocery, and restaurant purchases
- 1% cash rebate on all other purchases
- Up to $2,000 credit limit
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.29% based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.29% based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 15.29%, based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 2.5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $15
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
Students may find that since they have not yet had the opportunity to establish credit, credit cards that offer rich rewards are often out of reach. Golden 1 Credit Union aims to change this with their Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa ® Card; students who want to build their credit history can earn a 3% cash rebate on gas, grocery, and restaurant purchases – and 1% back on everything else.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a student, and can provide documents of enrollment, acceptance, or attendance at any college or university
- Want to earn cash back rewards on all purchases
- Make a lot of gas, grocery, and restaurant purchases
- Would like a card with no annual fees
- Are a member of the Golden 1 Credit Union
Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa® Card Review
For students aged 18 and older, the Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa ® Card is an opportunity that will be difficult to pass. Building credit can be easy, convenient – and rewarding (pun intended) with this no-frills card offer; students can earn a 3% cash rebate on gas, grocery, and restaurant purchases, and 1% cash back rebate on all other purchases. This is a perfect opportunity for any student – you can earn rewards every time you check out the latest movies, or when you grab dinner with friends – and you can even earn rewards from purchasing textbooks and school essentials! A cash rebate on gas will also be particularly useful for students who live off-campus and need to commute, since they can earn rewards each time they fill their tank.
No co-signer is necessary for the Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa if you qualify to make minimum payments on your student card on your own; the APR for this offer is 15.79%, which will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. For a card that is issued to someone who has not yet built their credit history, this is a very generous APR; many student card offers weigh in between 20-25% APR for purchases, so 15.79% is fair.
Additionally, the Golden 1 Platinum Rewards for Students Visa® Card does not have an annual fee, and there is no fee for balance transfers either. Students will be given a credit limit of up to $2,000 – a sum which is generous, considering a lack of established credit. This, combined with the ability to earn rewards, is a rarity among credit card offers; most credit card companies consider applicants who have not yet established credit to be a risk, and typically issue a secured card without rewards until the candidate demonstrates responsible financial behavior by making on-time payments regularly.